Male hydraulic couplers for the TD95D?

/ Male hydraulic couplers for the TD95D? #1  

Jerry/MT

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Kubota M4500
I pulled the bales spinner off the Ford 4610 so I could mount the post driver on the Ford. Since winter seems to still be with us in Western Montana, I put the bale spinner on the NH TD95D so I can feed the cows. I just assumed the male couplers are compatible with the newer tractors couplers. On the Ford, I just shove the couplers through the dust cover and they click and lock. With the NH, I have to slide the coupler ring back and then insert the male coupler in to the female. When I do that, the locking ring dosn't seem to come all the way back. I can still see the locking balls in the female coupler.

Could it be that the NH requires diffferent male couplers? I've checked my owners manual and there is nothing there that I could find. I've checked the hard copy parts manual and there is no info on the male couplers. I checked the shop manual and there's no info on male couplers. Can anybody out there shed some light on the subject? It'sthe weekend and the NH dealer isn't open and even if it was it would take a day or two for them to get an answer. This Forum will be much quicker.

Thanks in advance.

/ Male hydraulic couplers for the TD95D? #2  
Jerry/MT,

They are different. A quick look, they seem the same, but they differ just enough that they won't couple.

/ Male hydraulic couplers for the TD95D? #3  
One TD95D I can think of immediately went out the door with a 570 baler, 1411 discbine, Kuhn tedder and rake. All the implements were asssembled with the typical NH male ISO coupler (9601718??) and all have worked flawlessly.

The completing package for the 95D comes with pin type male couplers, but ball type should work as well. The female couplers are built to the worldwide ISO standard and any ISO- compatible male tip should work.

/ Male hydraulic couplers for the TD95D?
One TD95D I can think of immediately went out the door with a 570 baler, 1411 discbine, Kuhn tedder and rake. All the implements were asssembled with the typical NH male ISO coupler (9601718??) and all have worked flawlessly.

The completing package for the 95D comes with pin type male couplers, but ball type should work as well. The female couplers are built to the worldwide ISO standard and any ISO- compatible male tip should work.

Thanks Rick.

Is ISO 5675 the ISO standard for the coupler?

Jerry/MT,

They are different. A quick look, they seem the same, but they differ just enough that they won't couple.

Thanks Jbrink64.

When I looked in the female coupler, it appeared to have a longer "pin" in the center so I wondered if it took the coupler with the longer pin instead of the ball.

I was doing some reseach on the quick disconnect fittings and a supplier told me that the couplers on the Ford 4610 are "breakaway couplers". Are the couplers on the TD95D "non-breakaway" couplers? if so, is that why the tips are not compatible?

/ Male hydraulic couplers for the TD95D? #7  
Thanks Rick.

Is ISO 5675 the ISO standard for the coupler?

The couplers are built to an ISO mandated standard. What number that standard is, frankly I don't have a clue. That's the International Standards Organization, not the Italian Standards Organization which came up with the rest of the tractor. Whether the female half is breakaway style or not can be dictated by the coupler design, or simply the mounting of the female half. My contention is that if you have ISO standard 1/2" tips that are as common as dirt, they should work in your TD95D. If they don't, you may have a faulty female coupler on the TD. I may be wrong about this, but I don't think so.

/ Male hydraulic couplers for the TD95D? #8  
Not sure if this is your problem but my td95d does this a lot. If I'm hooking an implement that is lifted I have to pop off the pressure in the hose to get the male coupler all the way in. It's a mess.

The couplers are built to an ISO mandated standard. What number that standard is, frankly I don't have a clue. That's the International Standards Organization, not the Italian Standards Organization which came up with the rest of the tractor. Whether the female half is breakaway style or not can be dictated by the coupler design, or simply the mounting of the female half. My contention is that if you have ISO standard 1/2" tips that are as common as dirt, they should work in your TD95D. If they don't, you may have a faulty female coupler on the TD. I may be wrong about this, but I don't think so.

ISO 5675 is supposed to be the ag standard from what I have been able to find out. I'm have my local NH dealer find out and when I do, I'll post it. I can't very well get a coupler unless I can identify the type I need.

Not sure if this is your problem but my td95d does this a lot. If I'm hooking an implement that is lifted I have to pop off the pressure in the hose to get the male coupler all the way in. It's a mess.

Are you using standard Pioneer type male couplers?

Last edited: