Making a 7 year old girl happy

/ Making a 7 year old girl happy #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
I signed the papers today on a Kubota M8540 narrow and the salesman gave me a couple Kubota hats. Well, my 7 year old daughter spent the night at a friends house so when I went to pick her up I was wearing my new hat and didn't think anything of it. She saw me through the window as I walked up to the door and saw the hat and started screaming in excitement "YOU BOUGHT THE KUBOTA, YOU BOUGHT THE KUBOTA". Over and over:laughing: I didn't think she was even paying attention the the conversations I had been having but regardless she was very happy with the new hat I handed her and she has been wearing that around the rest of the day.

What she really wants though is a RTV1100. She had a lot of fun driving my ex girlfriends 1100 last year and rode in that one often so that is when she became hooked on Kubota.

/ Making a 7 year old girl happy #2  
Congratulations on your new purchase. Hopefully one day, maybe in the future, your Daughter's dream will become a reality also. As she grows older, aided by hard work and perseverance and understanding, you and she will most definitely find the way.:thumbsup:

/ Making a 7 year old girl happy
Congratulations on your new purchase. Hopefully one day, maybe in the future, your Daughter's dream will become a reality also. As she grows older, aided by hard work and perseverance and understanding, you and she will most definitely find the way.:thumbsup:

A utv is in the plans but I have kind of been leaning towards a Ranger more so then an RTV so who knows what will happen. Probably end up with me getting a used ranger and her a new RTV:laughing:

/ Making a 7 year old girl happy #4  
If you have a use for a RTV1100 I would get it. I would trust a kid in a RTV alot more then a Ranger or something else. You let off the pedal and the RTV stops pretty good without having to hit the brakes or other things. My Ranger RZR free wheels down hill when you let off the gas and that is not good with kids or people not used to that.

David Kb7uns

If you have a use for a RTV1100 I would get it. I would trust a kid in a RTV alot more then a Ranger or something else. You let off the pedal and the RTV stops pretty good without having to hit the brakes or other things. My Ranger RZR free wheels down hill when you let off the gas and that is not good with kids or people not used to that.

David Kb7uns

I know all too well what you mean, the advantate of the Ranger (not the RZR) is the faster speed. I will be using the UTV to go from vineyard to vineyard and back to the main farm. The factory cab on the 1100 is nice and thats what is making me want one since its usuallly cold and rainy when I am fixing wires and doing vineyard maintenance but the slower speed just isn't as attractive nor is the stiff suspension but that is for another thread.

/ Making a 7 year old girl happy #6  
Congrats on the new tractor!!!!

Does this mean you are no longer expectinganything to happen with the Ford?

Eddie

Congrats on the new tractor!!!!

Does this mean you are no longer expectinganything to happen with the Ford?

Eddie

I have no idea whats going to happen with that. I just quit caring a couple years ago. This vineyard tractor was a much bigger need then getting that Ford back as our vineyard ground has quadrupled this year. I am actually looking at a used John Deere narrow vineyard tractor also and may add that to the fleet if the price is right in a couple weeks. I am sure once the NH dealer sees a new Kubota and possibly a 2 year old Deere on my farm he will be wanting to contact me then but I have no plans to call him. My Ford still sits in the same spot it has for the last 4 years now, I guess they do move it to mow under it a couple times a year but thats about it :rolleyes:

/ Making a 7 year old girl happy #8  
4 years already? WOW

It does make me wonder what they could be thinking, but you're just as well off not trying to figure it out or play games with them.

Did you buy more land or put grapes in where you where growing something else?

Eddie

We bought another farm. 108 acres in total but only 24 in grapes.

/ Making a 7 year old girl happy #10  
congrats on your new 8540,i know your daughter is very excited.the 1100 cabbed RTVs are close to $20,000 or more from what im hearing.