Mailbox location on a rural road

/ Mailbox location on a rural road #41  
Put your box 4 feet past your neighbor's box. The neighbor has 4 extra feet of rut,you have none and make's it much easier for carrier to mix up your mail. It also make's it convenuent to peek at one another's mail while picking up your own.
My mailbox is 600 feet from any neighbors. I still get their mail all the time. I even have a label on mailbox listing my name and address. Doesn’t matter.

i think the PO does it on purpose.. I’ll actually get 2-3 different address mail at a time.

/ Mailbox location on a rural road #42  
Last year a neighbor took out my mailbox with his truck. Never said a thing. Problem for him….his license plate fell off after hitting box.

I found out by sheriffs office who owned that plate, called them. They still denied hitting anything. I told them…fine. You can pick up your license plate at the sheriffs office.

they paid me to replace mailbox.

/ Mailbox location on a rural road #43  
All of the mailboxes on our road are on the west side of the road.

They are located close to the driveways for the houses on the west side.

They are located as close to directly across from the driveway for the houses on the east side of the road.

The driveway for the house across the road from us is about even with the front door of our house. So their mailbox is directly in line with our front door. It makes for some confusion, as people think the box is ours.

Often times, they get our mail, and we get their food deliveries! 🙃

/ Mailbox location on a rural road #44  
Seems like many mistakes in deliveries, etc, could be solved by easily readable house numbers beside driveways instead of relying on mailboxes for house numbers.

Our rural fire district made reflective number signs, free, for every location.

Bruce

/ Mailbox location on a rural road #45  
Seems like many mistakes in deliveries, etc, could be solved by easily readable house numbers beside driveways instead of relying on mailboxes for house numbers.

Bruce
We have those also, but we mount them on the mailbox posts. o_O

/ Mailbox location on a rural road #46  
I have a nice lit address sign at driveway, plus 2 addresses on mailbox. Still get wrong mail.

/ Mailbox location on a rural road #47  

Bruce
Our houses are numbered clearly. So are our mailboxes. The guy across the street had a huge sign saying "Steve's Photography" on the front of his garage. And an arrow on the mailbox below the number pointing across the street at his house.

Yet we'd still get people dressed in Prom-wear, Wedding attire, high school senior class picture outfits, etc., knocking on our door telling us they were here for their photo session. 🙃

And we'd get our yard fertilized when we didn't order it. Taco dinner for 20, too.

People see things the way they want to see them, and ignore what's really there. That's why people make lousy crime witnesses.

/ Mailbox location on a rural road #48  
We have those also, but we mount them on the mailbox posts. o_O
Neighbor across the street has one of those on his mailbox post in our front yard as well. Big green sign with white letters. Yet they still come here.

/ Mailbox location on a rural road #49  
bcp - rural fire district did the same thing here in NE WA state. I attached the sign directly to the mailbox post. My driveway is a mile long. Straight West off the county road. You would have to have pretty good eye sight to see a house number at that distance.

/ Mailbox location on a rural road #50  
bcp - rural fire district did the same thing here in NE WA state. I attached the sign directly to the mailbox post. My driveway is a mile long. Straight West off the county road. You would have to have pretty good eye sight to see a house number at that distance.
Likewise here. Town's road crew installed them on T-posts and set them in the yard. I moved mine to the mailbox post because snowbanks would bury it where they put it.
Agree that more visible street #s would be a huge plus. Commercial neighborhoods seem to be the worst...very few businesses seem to have street numbers that can be seen...a real PITA if you're unfamiliar with the area and trying to find a specific address.