Mahindra

/ Mahindra #1  

4merfarmer

Tractor
Kubota B3350SU
Considering buying a Mahindra tractor. Any thoughts?

/ Mahindra #3  
I traded a Mahindra at a significant loss after it developed a leak into the brakes. The service department of the dealer that sold it to me was never available to talk and didn't return my calls to discuss the repair even after I spoke with the owner of the dealership. There is another dealership slightly out of my area that was willing to work on it, but I was scared of them because their parts guy mis-identified the seals needed to make the repair. My nearest Kubota dealership wouldn't work on it, either. The seals are not externally replaceable. It required quite a bit of work to access them internally to the transmission case so it wasn't a job that I wanted to do myself. So I ending up trading it for a Kubota at a loss. There are four Kubota dealers in my area with service departments to pick from.

After this experience with my Mahindra dealer, I will never own another Mahindra.

/ Mahindra #4  
I own one but I wouldn't recommend it unless it's old and cheap.

The dealers around here are lawnmower dealers and neither I or my friend have had good service.

Then again the John Deere dealer experience is even worse.

/ Mahindra #5  
Considering buying a Mahindra tractor. Any thoughts?

How is your dealer? This is an important question, particularly with Mahindra. Some dealers don't make tractors, dealer prep, pre-delivery inspections, customer service, or continuing existence a priority.

/ Mahindra #6  
Id skip mahindra and tym, most dealers for them dont last long and dont have good service.. loving my new ls, looked had at kioti the ls dealer gave me the better trade on my tym t25. If wanting to spend big bucks look at yanmar over deere and kubota

/ Mahindra #7  
I would buy another Mahindra. But really I bought the dealer too. Get acquainted with your service and parts guys. Even the mechanics. My dealer is J5 Tractor and there 5 or 6 branches in the area. I've only taken it to the dealer twice. Once for a head gasket that I didn't have time to do and the 2nd time for a clutch replacement, cause splitting a tractor I couldn't do by myself.

/ Mahindra #8  
I love my Mahindra 1626. Whole new design and has been a great machine. It is my second one after owning my first one for 10 years trouble-free. Years ago, the brand had some problems, I'll admit. But as with any tractor regardless of maker, there are models that are poor.

I compared Mahindra against Deere, Kubota and LS, and when comparing specs, load lift capacity and features in the 26 HP class, it beat all other three hands down at a much better price. Especially lift capacities on bucket and 3 PH. No emissions crap either.

Do your own comparison based on your needs. Maintain it and you should be good.

Great site for comparing machines: TractorData.com - Farm tractors

Good luck!

/ Mahindra #9  
If it's a modern tractor, it has some for of emissions crap... There's different types. SCR, dpf and so on.....

/ Mahindra #10  
Under 25 horsepower doesn't have to meet the same standards; though I believe that changes for Tier V. 🤢