Comparison Mahindra vs Kioti

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #41  
Would you buy rather buy a car made in India or made in Korea?
Same for tractors in my opinion.
If the Mahindra is actually made in Korea...maybe they are equal..
If made in India....NO!
When I was looking in 2014 for a tractor, the ones I compared were the JD 5045, the Mahindra 4025, the NH workmaster 45, and the Kubota L4060, all around 42hp, give or take. Three of the four are made in India. I picked the one $10k less and 1k lbs heaver.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #42  
   / Mahindra vs Kioti #43  
do lots of googling and talk to people - kioti is as good as kubota but much less expensive. I got a CK3510HST wth options for 22,450 out the door. The kubota was 4k more - the rear remotes on the kioti were $350..900 on the kubota...arm rests? $54 on the kioti, $199 on the kubota. REALLY?

Got it tuesday, have 15 hours on it brush hogging, loader work, box blade - it's marvelous. More ergonomic than kubota.

DPF filter but no def. Dealer says in the 3 or 4 years since the dpf stuff have been on their kioti's not ONE issue at all. I like that.

And the seat is very good very adjustable. I'm 6' 240lbs, girlfriend is 5' and weighs less -fits us both.

Mahindra..something about them is off IMO, and some they make and some they have made and put their name on them...

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #44  
do lots of googling and talk to people - kioti is as good as kubota but much less expensive. I got a CK3510HST wth options for 22,450 out the door. The kubota was 4k more - the rear remotes on the kioti were $350..900 on the kubota...arm rests? $54 on the kioti, $199 on the kubota. REALLY?

Got it tuesday, have 15 hours on it brush hogging, loader work, box blade - it's marvelous. More ergonomic than kubota.

DPF filter but no def. Dealer says in the 3 or 4 years since the dpf stuff have been on their kioti's not ONE issue at all. I like that.

And the seat is very good very adjustable. I'm 6' 240lbs, girlfriend is 5' and weighs less -fits us both.

Mahindra..something about them is off IMO, and some they make and some they have made and put their name on them...
No Kioti dealer within 100 miles of me, or I might have compared one. I've tried a Daedong in the past. Not bad.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #45  
Reasoning?

Just my :2cents:

I do not own either brand but when looking Kioti seems to be a better build to me. I also like LS. But there are many satisfied Mahindra owners. To each his/her own.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #47  
Too many people spend their life complaining about seat height and other changeable things. Take the initiative.... buy the tractor you want. Then change it to fit you in all ways possible. No tractor is perfect. Change the things you can to make your life better... You only get one shot and each day is precious... :)

I'm pretty average size guy. 5'10", 180 lbs, 32" inseam jeans. In my shopping comparisons I tried a Mahindra 2638 and it was obvious within 30 sec that there was no way to make that machine fit me. Right leg at a 90 deg angle almost pushing straight down on the HST pedals with seat all the way back. And without relocating fuel tank, no way to go back farther. Height of seat not an issue - lower it 6" and same problem would exist. Right next to it was a 2538 and its seat moved back just a few inches more which was enough to get in a tolerable - not great - position. The other big thing I noticed on the 2638 was the way the hyd lines to the loader joystick were ran. Was like the lines were a foot too long so they just looped them. Yep, hanging on underside of floorboard are hyd lines in a loop. Looked like they were just begging to snag on anything and get ripped off - no protection at all.

Price quote on it was more than an L3301 HST spec'ed with ind tires, rears filled which kind of shocked me as I was expecting the Mahindra to be "value priced" compared to Kubota.

After that went on to Kioti dealer next. Huge differences noted right away looking at one then the other - CK3510 HST in my case. The Kioti just seemed better overall in every way other than the cushy seat on the 2638 - 2538 seat about same. Better how? Quieter at high RPM, much less vibration felt in seat and hands on wheel at low idle or max RPM, loader moved a little slower but much more smoothly and not "twitchy" or bouncing machine rear much, instrument panel and controls had a higher quality look and feel to them, didn't have to move the grill guard to open hood, 6 ply vs 4 ply tires, radiator screen easier to get at, grab handle and enough room to get on/off right side, seat moved far enough to get in comfortable position, lower price, and probably more things I'm not remembering as this was a couple months ago. The only things that the Mahindra seemed to have better was an extra year of warranty and rubber floormat was standard.

Not saying every Kioti is better than every Mahindra or the Mahindra's are bad. Just in my process of comparing lots of machines and figuring out what I wanted and didn't, the Mahindra 2638 compared very poorly with others that were similar like L3301 or CK3510. Had I stayed with that size machine I would have gone with Kubota, Kioti, or LS over the 2638. Would have gone with 2538 over 2638 as well.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #48  
I read too many threads like this to be comfy with Mahindra.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/buying-pricing-comparisons/374398-new-tractor-purchase-2.html

I'm sure every brand has its stories but I'm glad I made the choices I did with Branson and Kubota.

Just remember it's all a tangled web. TYM builds the mid size Mahindra tractors as well as tractors for several other brands. TYM also bought the parent company of Branson in 2016. I don't see a lot of complaints about the TYM built tractors in any of the brands that put their names on them. TYM has been building tractors for the worldwide markets for over 50 years so it's not like they're new to tractors either.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #49  
I was tempted at TYM - they sell them as rural king brand at RK stores. But service..not sure i'd trust a big box store for that. The nearest TYM dealer is 2 hours away.

Just remember it's all a tangled web. TYM builds the mid size Mahindra tractors as well as tractors for several other brands. TYM also bought the parent company of Branson in 2016. I don't see a lot of complaints about the TYM built tractors in any of the brands that put their names on them. TYM has been building tractors for the worldwide markets for over 50 years so it's not like they're new to tractors either.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #50  

TYM builds Mahindra's budget line while Mitsubishi builds their premium machines. 2509&2600 TYM, 1500&1600 are Mitsubishi. Mahindra engines in each.