Mahindra C27

/ Mahindra C27 #1  

Ken41

I'm thinking of purchasing a Mahindra C27 tractor, and a 5ft. pull behind finish mower. I'll mostly be doing mowing but later plan to get a set of plows for a garden. I have a total of 5 acres. The price is 9,750 before taxes. Are these good tractors? I haven't seen alot of reviews on the C27.

/ Mahindra C27 #2  
I believe the C27 will do most anything you need it to do on your place. You will probably need some wheel weights to plow with though. Before I bought my 6000 I walked around a C27...as far as I'm concerned its the 2004 edition of the old Ford 8N, size, hp, manuverability, etc. except with a 12 volt system, no problems with batterys. If the price is right, go ahead. BobG in VA

/ Mahindra C27 #3  
I agree. It is somewhat reminecent of a 8n. Better motor (diesel), better hydrolics (live). Very utilitarian.

As far as price, you don't say were you are from and you didn't fill out your profile so we have no idea were you are from. Tractor prices vary by regon.

You may also want to look at the JD790. When I was tractor shopping in Feb. JD was offering a rebate on them so that, here in Houston, put them in the $8k range. Don't know if it is still offered.

/ Mahindra C27 #4  
I OWN A C27. 5FT FEL. 5 FT BUSHHOG 5FT BOXBLADE PRICE WAS 12,200 DELIVERED. I HAVE 4O HRS ON IT WITH NO COMPLAINTS. I DI ADD TIRE BALLAST MY SELF. IVE OPERATED A LOT OF 8N FORDS.MY C27 WILL WORK CIRCLES AROUND AN 8 N