Mahindra built Mahindras...

/ Mahindra built Mahindras... #1  

xlr82v2

Platinum Member
Tractor
2007 Mahindra 3525, 1952 Ford 8N
Hey everyone,

I'm just trying to figure out which Mahindra models in the current 2023 lineup are "True Mahindra's" built by Mahindra, and not 3rd party rebrands.

As best I can tell from sitting here at my desk, it looks like these would be everything from the 3600 series and upward.

Can anyone accurately confirm if this is correct or let me know the real answer?

Thanks a bunch!!

/ Mahindra built Mahindras... #2  
define Mahindra built, the 1600 series is built by Mitsubishi/Mahindra joint venture 1/3 Mahindra owned, more importantly that JV has been going on since at lease the early 2000's, the 1500 series was just renamed with few updates. Good little tractor by the way.

And yes the 3600 and above are all Mahindra built as far as i know. my understanding is that Mahindra will be bringing out a new line up late 2023/early 2024.

/ Mahindra built Mahindras...
define Mahindra built, the 1600 series is built by Mitsubishi/Mahindra joint venture 1/3 Mahindra owned, more importantly that JV has been going on since at lease the early 2000's, the 1500 series was just renamed with few updates. Good little tractor by the way.

And yes the 3600 and above are all Mahindra built as far as i know. my understanding is that Mahindra will be bringing out a new line up late 2023/early 2024.
Well, I thought that what I asked was fairly specific... maybe not. Designed and built by Mahindra. In a Mahindra factory. Mahindra powertrain, Mahindra engine. Not a TYM or Mitsubishi (although I do understand that M&M owns a part of Mitsu Ag...). I think those Mitsu built tractors are fully designed by Mitsubishi as well, not a M&M design, even though they may be powered by a Mahindra engine.

I agree, they're good tractors. My Dad had a 1526, it was a good machine... the problem with his was it had a really grabby clutch. He traded it for a 4025 4wd.

/ Mahindra built Mahindras... #4  
Well, I thought that what I asked was fairly specific... maybe not. Designed and built by Mahindra. In a Mahindra factory. Mahindra powertrain, Mahindra engine. Not a TYM or Mitsubishi (although I do understand that M&M owns a part of Mitsu Ag...). I think those Mitsu built tractors are fully designed by Mitsubishi as well, not a M&M design, even though they may be powered by a Mahindra engine.

I agree, they're good tractors. My Dad had a 1526, it was a good machine... the problem with his was it had a really grabby clutch. He traded it for a 4025 4wd.
gotcha! you are looking at the 4500 series and the 5100 series right now as i think that they are the only Mahindra designed/made CUTs available right now the 5500 and 3600 were not available last year new. I was looking for a 3600 this time last year and that is what i was told.

BTW i cannot say enough good things about the 5145.