Oil & Fuel Mahindra 6500 4WD

/ Mahindra 6500 4WD #1  

bl3167

Tractor
Mahindra 6500
I am trying to find where I put Power steering fluid in the tractor. It has been leaking at the rack cylinder by the left front wheel. Been looking but no luck.

/ Mahindra 6500 4WD #2  
I don’t have that model but most tractors don’t have “power steering fluid” as they use the hydraulic system to “power” the steering.

On that machine I’m assuming it holds 10-15 gallons of hydraulic fluid. With that said you would need one big leak to notice a drop in fluid to the point more would need to be added.

Again, these remarks are generalized as I don’t have that machine.

/ Mahindra 6500 4WD #3  
I am trying to find where I put Power steering fluid in the tractor. It has been leaking at the rack cylinder by the left front wheel. Been looking but no luck.

Trace back the hyd. line from the left front wheel (hyd piston) to the side of the engine...you should find a reservoir that has a twist off top...that's where the fluid goes...PS: it takes something besides regular hyd. fluid... My 6000 (pretty much same tractor) is this way...it only holds a quart or so..there should be a dipstick at the bottom of the cap...good luck...PSS: call your Mahindra dealer....PSSS: You will note the 6500 has two hyd pumps in tandem...I believe the rear pump is the power steering....BobG in Va

/ Mahindra 6500 4WD #4  
Looking from front of tractor its standing up in upper left corner of engine compartnent. it is a large cap and unscrews. You will have to remove the overfow connection on side