Mahindra 6065 Cab pricing

/ Mahindra 6065 Cab pricing #1  

txcharlie

Tractor
Mahindra 4025
I've seen a new Mahindra 6065 Cab w/FEL for $37.9k. From a little research, that seems to be a very good price. What say you?

/ Mahindra 6065 Cab pricing #2  
I've seen a new Mahindra 6065 Cab w/FEL for $37.9k. What say you?

Compared to the ones for sale on TH thats an excellent price imo . Is it an actual 2020 ? Is that price OTD ? Texas is Mahindra territory so you should have plenty of dealer support nearby . How many remotes ? Do you have a place to keep the sun off it when not in use ? The rancher down the road almost had his man card pulled for operating a pink tractor . :laughing: (just kidding) . Me say me likes and thats a lot of beast for the money . Whether you buy it or not keep us posted on your final decision and thoughts . :tractor:

/ Mahindra 6065 Cab pricing
Compared to the ones for sale on TH thats an excellent price imo . Is it an actual 2020 ? Is that price OTD ? Texas is Mahindra territory so you should have plenty of dealer support nearby . How many remotes ? Do you have a place to keep the sun off it when not in use ? The rancher down the road almost had his man card pulled for operating a pink tractor . :laughing: (just kidding) . Me say me likes and thats a lot of beast for the money . Whether you buy it or not keep us posted on your final decision and thoughts . :tractor:

It appears to be a left over from 2018, but if the pics are current, no evidence of pink, yet. LOL. Not sure what OTD would be as I haven't spoken to the dealer yet. Just saw the ad online. I believe they come standard with 2 remotes, but no pics of the rear to verify how many. It's more than I need, but I usually over buy everything as I would rather have and not need than need and not have. Also, just happened on a 2020 6075 Cab with 70 hours for $34k. Which you you guys go for?

/ Mahindra 6065 Cab pricing #4  
Me I would go for the 2020 . I would wonder why an unused 2018 was still sittin around ? Sometimes not good . I would also question why the 2020 with 70 hrs was "returned" ??? ....................:tractor:

/ Mahindra 6065 Cab pricing
Me I would go for the 2020 . I would wonder why an unused 2018 was still sittin around ? Sometimes not good . I would also question why the 2020 with 70 hrs was "returned" ??? ....................:tractor:

Nothing was returned. The 2018 is new, left over and the 2020 is used with 70 hours and for sale by a private owner. The new 2018 is now $36.9k according to the online post.

/ Mahindra 6065 Cab pricing #6  
When I bought my Century, now called Branson, it was the year before model and the dealer had it marked way down. It had 2 hours on it from people test driving it in the yard, but otherwise it was brand new. He said that he had to get rid of it because he was now paying interest on it and it was costing him money to have it. I don't know how all that works, but it was a lot cheaper, and it was in perfect condition, and he really wanted it to go away. He even sold me a post hole digger, box blade and 6 foot rotary cutter at his cost. I can't say if that was true, but when I compared the price of those Landpride implements, they where significantly cheaper then anybody else.

I looked on Craigslist and found this one for quite a bit more. Your price seems excellent in comparison.

219 Mahindra 6 Series 665 Power Shuttle Cab - farm & garden -...

/ Mahindra 6065 Cab pricing #7  
Nothing was returned. The 2018 is new, left over and the 2020 is used with 70 hours and for sale by a private owner. The new 2018 is now $36.9k according to the online post.

There's one thing that bothers me about that "2018 left over" the dealer has. Tractors don't have titles and they don't have model years. Like most industrial equipment, tractors are built in a model run and then warehoused until they go to a dealer. Unlike cars, a tractor's "year" is the year it is sold, not the year it was made. More importantly, the warranty starts from when they are sold.

Here is an example. I have a 2007 JD 310SG. It was built in the second model run in 2003, and warehoused along with about 6000 just like it until a dealer sold it some 4 years later. The warranty started when it was sold, and it is called a 2007 model. That's all real typical in tractors, and it is why tractor owners order parts by their tractor serial number rather than by year.

So it is hard to see how a dealer could have one "left over" when they are all new until sold. Anything he sold for the first time this year would be a 2020, not a 2018. It's important because the warranty starts the year it is sold. You might want to ask him about that. Maybe he really has had it for two years. But you should check on when the warranty would start.

Otherwise you have the odd situation you are seeing advertised by that privately owned 6075. A situation where a 2020 used tractor with 70 hrs would have 2 more years of warranty remaining than a brand new tractor called a "2018" model. So check the serial numbers and ask why. It's even possible that the 2020 could be older than the 2018.
rScotty

/ Mahindra 6065 Cab pricing #8  
Please correct me if I miss-speak - I believe the serial number indicated the year in which it was manufactured.

Thanks,

Chris

/ Mahindra 6065 Cab pricing #9  
Someone can correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is the 60 series is a continuation of the 25 series tractors, with some upgrades. I bought a 2565 in 2017 and really enjoy it. The only work done to it is the EGR needed an upgrade which Mahindra took care of under warranty. I only have 140 to 150 hrs on it, mostly blowing snow, but it has done everything I have needed done. Yes, I would buy it again.

As far as pricing, as I remember I paid right around $41,000 for it which included the FEL, bucket, set of forks and a 78" snowblower. That was a really good price, mainly due to knowing the dealer as well as I did. The $36.9k price doesn't sound too bad but see what is included, what size bucket, dual remotes, etc. Adding more options is sometimes the best way to deal on something like this.

As far as the "left over" comment, I wouldn't worry about that. I suspect what the dealer was saying is it was in his inventory in 2018 so it is "left over". Tractor manufacturers will carry the dealers inventory for a certain amount of time, if they don't move it, the manufacturer will charge them interest. Sometimes that can be a real incentive for the dealer to make a deal.