Mahindra 5010 after Report -- 3 1/2 years running

/ Mahindra 5010 after Report -- 3 1/2 years running
Here we are in 2023 and almost 11 years from when I bought this beast and I'm still using and abusing it! But soon I'm going to protect it from lightening and or EMP! Woot! I hate the idea of losing equipment do to something I could have protected it from. Anyone else do this? I think lightening nuked my control panel on my sawmill (no direct hit but something injected gremlins and lightening can do that from a mile away) and I'll be doing something for it as well :D

Anyway, I'm around 700 hours which I realize isn't a ton for a tractor but this ones been used hard and hung up, well you get the idea.

What I wonder is whether or not anyone's had the actual TYM branded version (or if there is one?)? as it might share parts since this Mahindra was/is really a TYM. Thoughts?

/ Mahindra 5010 after Report -- 3 1/2 years running #32  
This is a great thread. I just purchased a 2023 Mahindra 5155 as my first tractor. I know it's a different model, but it's good to see that these tractors are rugged and can withstand harsh use in less than perfect environments. The lack of DPF / Regen is the main thing that attracted me to the brand. Once I started researching the tractors, I was set on my purchase. Thank you for capturing the good, bad and the ugly. :)

Cool! I love my 5010 :D Can't beat the 4WD and it's definitely a rugged tractor that takes a lot of abuse!

Happy tractoring!

/ Mahindra 5010 after Report -- 3 1/2 years running #34  
Just came across your thread and videos. Thanks for the effort you put into that. I have the exact same tractor you have - 2012 Mahindra 5010 gear drive. I bought it used here in Tennessee two years ago with 500 hrs on it and now have about 700 hrs kind of like you. Although I'm a Montana native, I've been in Tennessee for 32 years. We don't get quite the cold you get up there in Washington but this red clay is what stresses machines down here. Try to break ground or put in food plots and you'll use all the horsepowers! Only issue so far is that I lost any kind of pulling power a couple of months ago. Couldn't pull an 8' Woods mower through a field without killing the engine. Found two things. First, the gasket behind the fuel selector switch on the fuel filter assembly (Off-On-Air) went bad so it was pulling some air when it was only supposed to be pulling fuel. You can't buy just that gasket - you have to buy the entire filter assembly for $90. So I made a gasket!

And the little lift pump next to it went bad. Tried the cheap generic brand off that jungle website ($15) but ended up having to get the actual Mahindra pump ($253) once it was back in stock. It is a really good machine. Can't believe I was doing a lot of things around my 70 acre farm (I'm not a cash crop farmer) with a 1955 Ford 640 with a trip bucket! It still runs and is handy in a pinch.
What I wonder is whether or not anyone's had the actual TYM branded version (or if there is one?)? as it might share parts since this Mahindra was/is really a TYM. Thoughts?

As for the 2012 Mahindra being built by TYM, I've heard rumors but have never been able to pin it down. Still learning about this machine. Keep up the good work on your place and the channel.

Thanks for the reply! Good to know about those issues.

My biggest struggle of late is the PTO -- something keeps stopping it from working but I won't have to look at it again now until spring as it's plowing season ;)
Cheers! and thanks for the kind words!

/ Mahindra 5010 after Report -- 3 1/2 years running #36  
Thanks for the reply! Good to know about those issues.

My biggest struggle of late is the PTO -- something keeps stopping it from working but I won't have to look at it again now until spring as it's plowing season ;)
Cheers! and thanks for the kind words!
Don't know if it is the same problem I had with my PTO but I lost it as well. Look just in front of the right rear tire. I found this one wire with a connector. The connector had come loose as it got hooked on some brush. (poor design in my estimation by Mahindra). Once I plugged that in, my PTO shaft engaged just fine. In this picture, the very front of the right rear tire is shown on left of the picture frame. Maybe yours will be that simple to find. Good luck.

Mahindra Wire.jpg

/ Mahindra 5010 after Report -- 3 1/2 years running #37  
I have a 5010 hst cab, the only thing I have had to replace was the ignition switch, yes it went to pot, and Dave's tractor supplied me with a new one.
It has 750 hrs on it.
I do change the oil every 50 hrs and hyd fluid every hundred hrs.

Thanks!! I'll check that! Would be nice if that was the issue!!!

Watermellon! lol yup, I suppose so! I beat mine like a red headed step child and it just takes it and keeps on trucking. I hope some day to get it out of the weather too but just haven't had the time and energy yet!

It makes a cameo in this vide:
Funny thing, I didn't video the beating I gave it except in timelapse but man, that ground was so frozen it just wasn't moving! I managed to get some of the dirt moved away from where I needed it and can make this work until spring thaw but now, until late April it will be hauling brush and logs or plowing snow.

I also just added an EMP Shield to it. I've had trouble with lightening on my sawmill (and someone in one of my other forums had their sawmill electronics all nuked by lightening) and since EMP Shield protects from lightening as well I decided to spring for it and install! Video coming on Thursday for those interested.

As promised! Here's my empshield video.

Had someone on FB lose all the electronics on their sawmill because of lightening! Since my tractor and sawmill sit out at the cabin where I've had trouble already, I'm not taking any chances!