Mahindra 4540 FEL Hydraulic Fitting Size

/ Mahindra 4540 FEL Hydraulic Fitting Size #1  

NCFarmLife

Tractor
Mahindra 4540
Can anyone tell me what fitting size this is for a Mahindra 4540 Front End Loader? This is the inlet hose that goes from the pump output to the input on the FEL control joystick. I think the control valve is a Besko model, but there is very little/no information out there on it.

IMG_20190316_150109.jpg

Thank you

/ Mahindra 4540 FEL Hydraulic Fitting Size #2  
Can anyone tell me what fitting size this is for a Mahindra 4540 Front End Loader? This is the inlet hose that goes from the pump output to the input on the FEL control joystick. I think the control valve is a Besko model, but there is very little/no information out there on it.

View attachment 596589

Thank you

I have the same setup but there is nothing for size markings, maybe this link will help, just scroll down some.
Hydraulic Fitting Thread Chart | Hydraulics Direct

/ Mahindra 4540 FEL Hydraulic Fitting Size
Thats a great link Swampy.

Here is what the inside looks like. I'm thinking its an JIC 37 or SAE 45 maybe?

IMG_20190325_131013.jpg

Anybody?

I'm updating to save anyone else from going through the nightmare I had to go through to figure this out...

Behold, the manual for a Besko HDM03/02... (took me a month and a dozen trips to hydraulic stores and dealers to track this down)

IMG_20190329_085209.jpgIMG_20190329_085226.jpg

/ Mahindra 4540 FEL Hydraulic Fitting Size #6  
I'm updating to save anyone else from going through the nightmare I had to go through to figure this out...

Behold, the manual for a Besko HDM03/02... (took me a month and a dozen trips to hydraulic stores and dealers to track this down)

View attachment 597975View attachment 597976

BUT the connection on the valve is not likely to mate up to the hose. Usually valves and even hydraulic cylinders use an o-ring adapter fitting that transitions the valve or cylinder to either JIC or NPT. The hose fitting you're showing looks like a JIC and if it's the hose that between the pump and the valve it is most likely a 1/2" hose.

BUT the connection on the valve is not likely to mate up to the hose. Usually valves and even hydraulic cylinders use an o-ring adapter fitting that transitions the valve or cylinder to either JIC or NPT. The hose fitting you're showing looks like a JIC and if it's the hose that between the pump and the valve it is most likely a 1/2" hose.

Correct. The hose is a JIC 10, the ports on the Besko are SAE ORB's and Mahindra (or someone) add a right hand adapter in-between to mate the two. The main point is that none of this is really documented anywhere and nobody (including my dealer) could tell me these things. I'm putting as much info up here as possible to help out others who may either be replacing hoses/fittings or adding on.

In my case, I was adding on a hydraulic auger -- which I'm proud to say is working 100% now. (full writeup with photos to come when I get the time)

/ Mahindra 4540 FEL Hydraulic Fitting Size #8  

View attachment 597975View attachment 597976

That's in your manual for your front end loader. The dealer might not have a clue, that's why I talk to the guy who works on the tractors if he's available.

/ Mahindra 4540 FEL Hydraulic Fitting Size #9  
Thanks a bunch I also own a Mahindra and you saved me a ton of work Much appreciated!!!

/ Mahindra 4540 FEL Hydraulic Fitting Size #10  

View attachment 596589

Thank you
Do a model search on this site for your tractor and then your loader should come up with different info, hopefully its on there.