Mahindra 4530 Which Trans Fluid, How to Check Level and Hyd Pump Problems?

/ Mahindra 4530 Which Trans Fluid, How to Check Level and Hyd Pump Problems?
Sounds like a big air bubble & maybe a loss of prime at the pump.
Any ideas about how to get the air out or diagnose the loss of prime?

Im not sure what to do at this point except call the Mahindra service department and see if they have any suggestions.

/ Mahindra 4530 Which Trans Fluid, How to Check Level and Hyd Pump Problems? #12  
I would take it out park it on a hill and try the hydraulics no luck spin it around and try it again. If you can't drive it you are going to have to find a way to get the front end up a good distance Im assuming when they say to get the front off the ground they are mean it. Not 3 or 4 inches but a foot or more.

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Mahindra 4530 Which Trans Fluid, How to Check Level and Hyd Pump Problems? #13  
If that doesn't work, only other option I can think of would be to plumb in a tee fitting like for a pressure gauge, then, see if you have pressure/flow & try a vacuum pump to suck out the air/help the oil through the pump. When you changed the hyd filter, did the old gasket stay behind? That might be letting air leak into the system?

/ Mahindra 4530 Which Trans Fluid, How to Check Level and Hyd Pump Problems? #14  
Other thought would be to crack open one of the lines to your lift cylinder & try to lift until you see a steady flow of oil. (same as bleeding injector lines) If that fixes the loader/pto issues try the same on your steering cylinder, though once your main pump primes, it may take care of the rest. Any of the banjo fittings on the loader control valve should do it too if you don't want to crack a hard/soft line connection or worry about resealing a treaded line. If you crack a banjo fitting, you may need to replace the compression washer if it doesn't seal up again afterwards. DON'T test for leakage with skin ... hydraulic injection is nasty stuff.

Haven't had much time to mess with the tractor lately. Dang work, weather and other projects getting in the way...

I would take it out park it on a hill and try the hydraulics no luck spin it around and try it again. If you can't drive it you are going to have to find a way to get the front end up a good distance Im assuming when they say to get the front off the ground they are mean it. Not 3 or 4 inches but a foot or more.
That sounds like a good idea. Maybe that will get the air bubble moving to a high point to vent out.

Other thought would be to crack open one of the lines to your lift cylinder & try to lift until you see a steady flow of oil. (same as bleeding injector lines) If that fixes the loader/pto issues try the same on your steering cylinder, though once your main pump primes, it may take care of the rest. Any of the banjo fittings on the loader control valve should do it too if you don't want to crack a hard/soft line connection or worry about resealing a treaded line. If you crack a banjo fitting, you may need to replace the compression washer if it doesn't seal up again afterwards. DON'T test for leakage with skin ... hydraulic injection is nasty stuff.
That might help too. I'll have to try that when I get a chance.

/ Mahindra 4530 Which Trans Fluid, How to Check Level and Hyd Pump Problems? #18