Mahindra 4110 PTO

/ Mahindra 4110 PTO #1  

teuqus

Tractor
Mahindra 4110
Hi,

I’ve got a mahindra 4110. I’ve had it for years and literally never used the PTO. I’ve moved to a new property and bought a brush hog for it, but I can’t get the PTO to turn on.

It blows the PTO fuse as soon as I turn the engine on.

I’ve searched the problem on the site and it seems a lot of people have trouble with the PTO on the 4110. There’s mention of having to restart the solenoid. Not sure it’s the same issue but can someone help me find the PTO solenoid. Do I access it from crawling under the tractor? Can someone post a pic of where it is? The descriptions vary from under the seat to under the where your right foot would be. Any help is much appreciated.

/ Mahindra 4110 PTO #2  
The solenoid is mounted on the side of the trans case on the right side. Yes, you have to crawl under the tractor and look up to see it. I've read here over the years of owners having to mess with the solenoid to get it working at times but in 3164 hrs. I've never had a problem with mine other than the electrical switch on the column needing its' contacts cleaned.

Make sure you have the dash switch turned to manual and then try the column switch - in the auto mode the PTO will shut off if you raise the 3 pt hitch. If your solenoid hasn't been used in a long time you might need to clean & lubricate it. Also check that you are getting battery voltage to the terminals when the switches are operated. When energized the solenoid supplies hydraulic pressure to the PTO clutch which is internal.

/ Mahindra 4110 PTO #3  
My 3510 pto won’t start sometimes after it hasn’t been used for a while.
I have to tap the solenoid under my right foot and she is spinning.
Not worth the effort to replace as the new one would probably do the same thing if it is even available.
Have to tap it maybe once or twice a year

/ Mahindra 4110 PTO #4  
My 3510 pto won’t start sometimes after it hasn’t been used for a while.
I have to tap the solenoid under my right foot and she is spinning.
Not worth the effort to replace as the new one would probably do the same thing if it is even available.
Have to tap it maybe once or twice a year
FYI. I removed the end cap of that solenoid, pushed the spool just a tap with a screwdriver (while engaged) and sprayed WD40 into it and put the cap back on. ONCE. It's been fine for...about 10 years.

/ Mahindra 4110 PTO #5  
That’s a good fix, next time I get under it for service, will do it.
Did you do it with pto turning?

/ Mahindra 4110 PTO #6  
That’s a good fix, next time I get under it for service, will do it.
Did you do it with pto turning?
It's been so long that I am not positive. Pretty sure it would have to be engaged to push the solenoid, so my response is 'yes' No implement was attached to PTO ;)

/ Mahindra 4110 PTO #7  
Taking anything apart on that solenoid while engine is running is EXTREMELY dangerous - that solenoid directs HIGH pressure hydraulic fluid to a passage in to the internal pto clutch. If you feel lucky you could crawl under and tap on that solenoid while everything is on/engaged but I won't get under my tractor while it's running and definitely not with the pto engaged.

/ Mahindra 4110 PTO #8  
Taking anything apart on that solenoid while engine is running is EXTREMELY dangerous - that solenoid directs HIGH pressure hydraulic fluid to a passage in to the internal pto clutch. If you feel lucky you could crawl under and tap on that solenoid while everything is on/engaged but I won't get under my tractor while it's running and definitely not with the pto engaged.
The cap is on the END and is only a cover for the non-fluid end of the solenoid. It is just a cover to keep dirt and junk out of the tube for the solenoid to move. The cover would never hold fluid or pressure.

/ Mahindra 4110 PTO #9  
No, but with approx. 3500 psi hydraulic pressure on the other end of that pintle I really wouldn't want to take the chance of disassembling the solenoid in any fashion while running. Was an auto mechanic for over 45 years and worked around dangerous stuff at least every week, if not every day and there are just some chances I wasn't willing to take. At 69 I still have all of my fingers, toes, eyes etc.

/ Mahindra 4110 PTO #10  
It's just a dust cover. Probably more risk of breaking an arm getting off the tractor. Lol