Mahindra 3550 HST vs. 2655 HST vs Kioti NX6010 HST

/ Mahindra 3550 HST vs. 2655 HST vs Kioti NX6010 HST #1  

cstamm81

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740, Mahindra 3016HST, Kubota F2880
Hi all. Its been awhile since I've posted here, this place gives me too many ideas on how to spend money. Anyway, I have had a Mahindra 3016 HST for about 4 years. Besides a dealer that stopped carrying the brand, and a leaky oil pan gasket, the machine has been trouble free. It still amazes me at what it can move and pick up, a strong loader for sure. I just moved to a 10 acre property, a mix of hills and turf next to streams and about 7 acres of fields, lots of tree lines. I've been looking into flail mowers, discs, and tillers. I can't see spending a bunch of money on small rear implements, limited by my 21HP at the PTO. I've been kicking around the idea of trading in my 3016 for something 40 plus HP at the PTO. That should allow me to run a 6 plus foot wide rear off-settable flail mower, which would be a huge time saver with my tree lines and stream edges.

I have and admire some Kubota equipment, but I just can't see spending the premium for what they offer in their tractor lineup. Also, most of their loaders are a bit weak spec wise. I have been eyeing the Kitoi NX series, in 55 or 60HP. There are a lot of reviews on here that have been helpful, seems they are well designed machines with a lot of small features not found elsewhere except on Kubota's Grand line. Seeing as I've been happy with my Mahindra, I started looking at what they have to offer as I found a local Mahindra dealer who seems to be top notch. Also, I still have a Mahindra loan on my 3016, hoping it would be easier to deal with that if I stayed in a Mahindra.

Here's what I'm after: Open station (too many trees and I like to be outside while doing tractor work, easier to hear and keep an eye on my kids as well), 40 plus PTO HP, low center of gravity (hills), wide tires to minimize turf damage (actually leaning towards turfs, with chains for plowing snow or dirt), big loader lifting capacity, 2 rear remotes, 1 front remote for a grapple on an electric joystick mounted switch. I always push the limits of my loader lift capacity, so it is a big deal to me. Kioti and the 3550 are rated around 2700lbs, the 2655 is over 3100lbs, which blows me away that a tractor of this size and weight can lift that much. I move a lot of dirt and stone, and will be putting gardens in my field, plowing and tilling the field, moving logs and maintaining tree lines, maintaining the sides of my streams, plowing snow on hills.

There's not too much info on the Mahindras here. The 3550 has some horror stories though. Is it correct that the 3550 is Mahindra made and the 2655 is made by TYM? I know the Kioti is made by Kioti. I chose my 3016 as it was made by Mitsubishi, I've always been a fan of Japanese engineering and manufacturing. Sorry for the long post, and I greatly appreciate any info or advice. I'm hoping to buy the proper machine here, in theory this could be my forever machine if I choose wisely.

/ Mahindra 3550 HST vs. 2655 HST vs Kioti NX6010 HST #2  
I have a 3550. I haven't had any of the big issues that you've seen. It's been a very good tractor for me and pretty much does all I could ever want.

The 3550 is a Mahindra made tractor and as I recall the 2600 series is TYM. The difference between the 2 will be in the station layout. The 3500 series are supposed to be Mahindra's "premium" tractor line.

I'd certainly recommend the 3550 but any of the 3 will do what you want. Figure out which one you like from fit/finish/price and pick the better dealer. The only disadvantage the 3550 is going to have over the other is PTO power since it's got a smaller HP motor.

/ Mahindra 3550 HST vs. 2655 HST vs Kioti NX6010 HST #3  
I bought a 2017 2555 last year new. have about 110 or 120 hours on it. i love it. great machine. :cool2: I think the 2655 is pretty much the same but some minor differences, bit not sure. I have an EA grapple, 2 remotes on rear, hoe, brush hog, box blade, rear blade, phd, Pallet forks. i am pleased with lifting capacity. Hoe is a bit weak but it is fast. if you want, check out my vids on youtube for a complete rundown. Allthingsdiy Mike.

/ Mahindra 3550 HST vs. 2655 HST vs Kioti NX6010 HST #4  
Hi all. Its been awhile since I've posted here, this place gives me too many ideas on how to spend money. Anyway, I have had a Mahindra 3016 HST for about 4 years. Besides a dealer that stopped carrying the brand, and a leaky oil pan gasket, the machine has been trouble free. It still amazes me at what it can move and pick up, a strong loader for sure. I just moved to a 10 acre property, a mix of hills and turf next to streams and about 7 acres of fields, lots of tree lines. I've been looking into flail mowers, discs, and tillers. I can't see spending a bunch of money on small rear implements, limited by my 21HP at the PTO. I've been kicking around the idea of trading in my 3016 for something 40 plus HP at the PTO. That should allow me to run a 6 plus foot wide rear off-settable flail mower, which would be a huge time saver with my tree lines and stream edges.

I have and admire some Kubota equipment, but I just can't see spending the premium for what they offer in their tractor lineup. Also, most of their loaders are a bit weak spec wise. I have been eyeing the Kitoi NX series, in 55 or 60HP. There are a lot of reviews on here that have been helpful, seems they are well designed machines with a lot of small features not found elsewhere except on Kubota's Grand line. Seeing as I've been happy with my Mahindra, I started looking at what they have to offer as I found a local Mahindra dealer who seems to be top notch. Also, I still have a Mahindra loan on my 3016, hoping it would be easier to deal with that if I stayed in a Mahindra.

Here's what I'm after: Open station (too many trees and I like to be outside while doing tractor work, easier to hear and keep an eye on my kids as well), 40 plus PTO HP, low center of gravity (hills), wide tires to minimize turf damage (actually leaning towards turfs, with chains for plowing snow or dirt), big loader lifting capacity, 2 rear remotes, 1 front remote for a grapple on an electric joystick mounted switch. I always push the limits of my loader lift capacity, so it is a big deal to me. Kioti and the 3550 are rated around 2700lbs, the 2655 is over 3100lbs, which blows me away that a tractor of this size and weight can lift that much. I move a lot of dirt and stone, and will be putting gardens in my field, plowing and tilling the field, moving logs and maintaining tree lines, maintaining the sides of my streams, plowing snow on hills.

There's not too much info on the Mahindras here. The 3550 has some horror stories though. Is it correct that the 3550 is Mahindra made and the 2655 is made by TYM? I know the Kioti is made by Kioti. I chose my 3016 as it was made by Mitsubishi, I've always been a fan of Japanese engineering and manufacturing. Sorry for the long post, and I greatly appreciate any info or advice. I'm hoping to buy the proper machine here, in theory this could be my forever machine if I choose wisely.

I own a 3550 and I'm sure my stories are among the ones you've read.

The wheel recently fell off my machine, which was enough to get me to visit the local Kubota dealership. I sat on an MX5200 and an M62. The MX ergonomics were terrible compared to my 3550. Couldn't see over the hood, loader joystick far away, no tilt steering wheel, on top of flimsy sheet metal and an overall cheaper feeling construction.

The m62 was a nice machine. Much better ergonomics, and better constructed than the MX. It is also a 30K increase in price over my 3550, and has significantly less ground clearance than my machine. When bush-hogging in a swamp, I'd much rather have my 3550.

I had looked at the John Deeres, and I'm not happy with how they mount their loader - since there is no additional loader framework that goes to the rear axle. I'm concerned with a lot of counterweight that the transmission casting is the only thing that carries bending load.

So all that to say that even with the problems I've had, I think the 3550 still is the right machine for what I do. Make sure you shop the dealership, as that makes all the difference in the world when dealing with Mahindra corporate (or Kioti corporate if you go that way). I think by now they have most of the 3550 bugs worked out - and a brand new 3550 should be good to go. If you wanted to - you could check to ensure that the front axle internal design has been updated to the single bolt design for new models. Other than the wheel issue (and initial bugs), I've had pretty good luck with it in 830 hours.

My machine with no bucket on it weighs 6300 pounds - tires are not filled. With the backhoe and loader bucket, it's pushing 9k. The extra weight is not a concern for me to move on my trailer - but it may be for some. I like the extra weight for real world loader use - even with the backhoe on there the machine can become unstable when using the loader to its full capacity.

Also with R4's, the machine is pretty gentle on grass. The tires are pretty large, and help with flotation. If you go R3's, they will actually be better in the snow, but suffer in the mud. I use front chains on mine in the snow - it is essential if you are dealing with hills.

/ Mahindra 3550 HST vs. 2655 HST vs Kioti NX6010 HST #5  
I bought a 2655 HST Cab back in March and it's a great tractor so far, very strong. My second choice was the Kioti NX5510. They were under $1000 difference in price. The dealer matters just as much as the brand. Find a good dealer and you'll have a good tractor.

/ Mahindra 3550 HST vs. 2655 HST vs Kioti NX6010 HST #6  
I bought a 2655 HST Cab back in March and it's a great tractor so far, very strong. My second choice was the Kioti NX5510. They were under $1000 difference in price. The dealer matters just as much as the brand. Find a good dealer and you'll have a good tractor.

Ditto. I looked at the same two in cab models, but the seat and joystick location were decision makers for my wife and I. Had dealer support for either. But we went with the Kioti.

/ Mahindra 3550 HST vs. 2655 HST vs Kioti NX6010 HST #7  
Ditto. I looked at the same two in cab models, but the seat and joystick location were decision makers for my wife and I. Had dealer support for either. But we went with the Kioti.

I didn't like the seat location on the 2655. It has a more comfy seat but it sits too low and too far forward. I made risers to raise it up 3" and move it back 1.5" and it's perfect now.

/ Mahindra 3550 HST vs. 2655 HST vs Kioti NX6010 HST
thanks for all of the experiences here guys, I appreciate it. It's crazy how much the 3550 weighs in the real world vs what it specs out on their site. I need to visit my local Mahindra and Kioti dealers and start feeling out the dealers and the actual machines. The issue is going to be I'm fairly certain local dealers won't have these exact models, as they are a size that doesn't seem to be stocked often.

From all of the reading and videos I've watched, it appears the Kioti NX series is a more refined machine with more creature comforts and handy features. The 3550 with it's gigantic tires really does intrigue me, as it looks like it would be very stable on hills and minimize turf damage with all of that tire width on the ground. I wish the 2655 had the larger tires like the 3550. In a perfect world my machine would have the lifting capacity of the 2655, the tires of the 3550, and the further refinements of the NX6010. There is still not perfect machine I suppose....

/ Mahindra 3550 HST vs. 2655 HST vs Kioti NX6010 HST #9  
I have a 2555 cab pretty much the same thing as the 2655. I love the tractor, was a nice upgrade from the old Mahindra 4500 and even older 8N. My only complaint really is with the cab model it is really loud inside when doing alot of shredding., i had expected it to be more quiet.

/ Mahindra 3550 HST vs. 2655 HST vs Kioti NX6010 HST #10  
I have 145 hours on my 2655 and love it. My second choice would have been the 6010 but had many things just a little off for me. The cheesy air vent for one. The light mounts not in the fenders. They would be gone in a hurry. Smaller tires if I recall. Less lift. It still was a nice tractor though