Mahindra 3016 and 3616 owners

/ Mahindra 3016 and 3616 owners #1  

arrow

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
I just got mine today and was looking at the head lights. I thought they were duals but the "side" head lights do not have a bulb. It only looks like there is a place for a bulb. Do the 3616s have an extra headlight bulb? I'm not understanding the design if not.

/ Mahindra 3016 and 3616 owners #2  
View attachment 329095

I'll go take a look at my 2012 model; here is a pic of my grill guard, my dealer installed it for $450.00......just kidding :D

OK,I looked at my 2012 and there is a blank on both sides; it appears that it can be drilled to accept a side-light. I never noticed that, thanks.

I might mount a coaxial 7.62MM on one side and a flame-thrower on the other...

Tangential side note: Take a look at your hydraulic lines by the R/S foot stirrup, I had metal-to-rubber wear and wrapped heater hose & sip-ties at those points.

/ Mahindra 3016 and 3616 owners
View attachment 329095

I'll go take a look at my 2012 model; here is a pic of my grill guard, my dealer installed it for $450.00......just kidding :D

OK,I looked at my 2012 and there is a blank on both sides; it appears that it can be drilled to accept a side-light. I never noticed that, thanks.

I might mount a coaxial 7.62MM on one side and a flame-thrower on the other...

Tangential side note: Take a look at your hydraulic lines by the R/S foot stirrup, I had metal-to-rubber wear and wrapped heater hose & sip-ties at those points.

I knew you Oregonians were peace loving liberals otherwise you'd mount a .338 Lapua and a 50mm canon. Thanks for the tip. The entire underside of these tractors are a big worry to me. There was nothing under my John Deere that could get ripped to smithereens unlike this one. We are lucky we're running ags for all the ground clearance we can get. I looked up the Mitsubishi line which are exact duplicates of the Mahindras. Their model is the MT-28 and they also do not have the second set of lights. I do wonder what they were thinking when they did this.

/ Mahindra 3016 and 3616 owners #4  
My understanding is that the tractors sold in Japan have many many options that they do not offer out of the country. This is what I was told regarding my 3215 anyway. :confused:

My understanding is that the tractors sold in Japan have many many options that they do not offer out of the country. This is what I was told regarding my 3215 anyway. :confused:

When i took a look at the MT -28 or the tractor Mitsubishi offers under its name, it is the exact duplicate of the 16 series Mahindras. The MT-28 (or the picture I found anyway) also did not have the extra side bulb but again had a space for it. I did not find a picture of the MT-36 which I believe is the 3616 counterpart to see if one gets a lighting upgrade. I'd love to see if there is a factory rig up to install the bulb and power it up. Looks like it would provide alot of additional side light for a more expansive illuminated field. The space and design have to be there for a reason.

/ Mahindra 3016 and 3616 owners #7  
When i took a look at the MT -28 or the tractor Mitsubishi offers under its name, it is the exact duplicate of the 16 series Mahindras. The MT-28 (or the picture I found anyway) also did not have the extra side bulb but again had a space for it. I did not find a picture of the MT-36 which I believe is the 3616 counterpart to see if one gets a lighting upgrade. I'd love to see if there is a factory rig up to install the bulb and power it up. Looks like it would provide alot of additional side light for a more expansive illuminated field. The space and design have to be there for a reason.

Is what you looked at sold here, or only in Japan? I am only going off of what I was told and that was machines sold in Japan only and that was 5 years ago. ;)

Did you figure something out for the tie rods?

Is what you looked at sold here, or only in Japan? I am only going off of what I was told and that was machines sold in Japan only and that was 5 years ago. ;)

Did you figure something out for the tie rods?

Brian I just wrote Mitsubishi as well as the national parts distributor for them here in the states. I asked if there was an option available to install these second set of head lights that we could get hold of here in the states.
I won't hold my breath but at least I scratched my curiosity. As far as the tie rod, I see what you meant by the ram and is indeed my power steering cylinder above the tie rod. In this picture you can just about make out the tie rod or drag link behind the front axle. As I know of no way to section a 3' 3/4" pipe the long way and weld the two halves together., I'm just gonna have to get a piece of channel or angle iron to give it some additional strength and weld that onto the tie rod.

Attachments

• P8192392.jpg
    P8192392.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 464
   / Mahindra 3016 and 3616 owners #9  
Brian I just wrote Mitsubishi as well as the national parts distributor for them here in the states. I asked if there was an option available to install these second set of head lights that we could get hold of here in the states.
I won't hold my breath but at least I scratched my curiosity. As far as the tie rod, I see what you meant by the ram and is indeed my power steering cylinder above the tie rod. In this picture you can just about make out the tie rod or drag link behind the front axle. As I know of no way to section a 3' 3/4" pipe the long way and weld the two halves together., I'm just gonna have to get a piece of channel or angle iron to give it some additional strength and weld that onto the tie rod.

It looks as though they really changed how they did things on these tractors. :confused3: My 3215 is nothing like that at all. My power steering ram IS THE TIE ROD and is above the axle. There is NO beefing up the tie rod on my 3215.

Got called by Mitsubishi corporate today. They offer no extra bulb or light kit for what looks to be an extra set of lights on the side of the regular lights on 3016 and 3616 tractors. I asked what was the design for and was told that they might consider putting in an extra light down the line.