Comparison Mahindra 2555HST Cab vs TYM T554HC

/ Mahindra 2555HST Cab vs TYM T554HC #1  

gregjenny9502

Tractor
IH 656 / AC WD / TYM T554HST cab
I am still looking at tractors trying to make a decision. I will mostly be doing bush hogging and finish mowing with dirt and snow work here an there. I have decided I want to be in the 55hp range and hydrostatic with cab (air and heat) I have located a used TYM T554Hc and a used Mahindra 2555HST. Both are 2016 models and have about 300 hours on them and in comparable shape. Price is about the same. Right at 25k. It appears to me that the Mahindra 2555 is made by TYM. Specs are very similar. I am also looking at a new LS MT357HC that is about 12k more. LS dealer is 3 miles away. Mahindra is 15 miles and TYM is 50 miles. I am really leaning toward the TYM. I will be paying cash so interest rate is not an issue. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

/ Mahindra 2555HST Cab vs TYM T554HC #2  
How good are the respective dealer services and parts departments?

It would be more convenient to deal with dealers that are only 3 and 15 miles away instead of a dealer 50 miles away unless the two nearest dealers are just bad.

Over time, I'd be concerned about Mahindra continuing to get and supply TYM parts for a TYM made machine, IMPO.

/ Mahindra 2555HST Cab vs TYM T554HC #3  
Be sure to get a price on a new TYM as well. I found them to have the best bang for the buck. I got an open station, but test drove a cab (T574HC). They had the best cab I tried. If I didn't own mostly woods, I would have shot for a cab version.

/ Mahindra 2555HST Cab vs TYM T554HC #4  
Speaking from experience here (owning a cab Mahindra 2638 HST), the biggest drawback for Mahindra (and maybe TYM) is the extensive wait for parts other than regular maintenance items. Getting things like a fuel level sender is a few month ordeal (in my case for example) - dealer or not. I usually keep the whole array of filters on hand just so I have them for maintenance times, but they are GENERALLY (not always) available. Sometimes the parts will come from India (Mahindra) or S. Korea (TYM).

/ Mahindra 2555HST Cab vs TYM T554HC #5  
I waited for 6 months for 1 freaking injector from LS. That said I love my LS and would prob buy another one.

It could of been that I waiting for so long because of the plandemic throwing everything in a loop.

/ Mahindra 2555HST Cab vs TYM T554HC #6  
My 3525 developed a leak in one of the steel loader lines because of a clamp assembly that should have been more rounded. That line is no longer available. The brakes stopped working around 750 hours. Turns out there's a transmission leak onto the brake lining. Mahindra's on-line parts system stated the seals were no longer available. I had to call three different dealers before the last one found the numbers for the substitute seals.

As for the repair, the tires, seat, and hydraulic assembly all have to be removed to get inside the transmission case to replace two $40 seals on a machine with less than 800 hours on it. The seals aren't externally replaceable.

As for dealers, I'm about 50-60 miles away from either of the nearest Mahindra dealers, neither identified the correct seals. The dealer that identified the correct seals is much further away.

I asked the Kubota dealer about 25 miles from me if he'd replace the seals. He answered with a quick no and said it was because getting Mahindra parts was a nightmare. Given the amount of time it took me just to find the correct seal numbers, I can see why my Kubota dealer won't work on my Mahindra.

This is why I am recommending that the OP take a very good look at the dealers the OP might be dealing with later before making a purchase decision.