Mahindra 2555

/ Mahindra 2555 #1  

GlennH

Tractor
Mahindra 2555
Mahindra 2555 started fine yesterday. After about 10 minutes of running, I had a MIL light come on, then a knocking noise from the engine. (Sounded like it was coming from the upper rear towards the cab). I immediately shut the engine off. After looking it over for a few minutes, to try and see anything obvious. I went to start the engine and it would only turnover very slow. Brand new battery. Seems to be very tight. It definitely has oil. After it sat for about 2 hours. It started again very easily. The MIL light went off. Then after a few minutes i got the knocking noise back. Blowing white and also black smoke. Stopped the engine and it would not start again.
There is no engine temp gauge, but my coolant temp never got hot. Also there is no oil pressure gauge. So I cannot tell if I have oil pressure, but i feel that I do.
Any suggestions?
I also have searched and searched for a book or information on the engine. I have the owners and service manual, but they do not have virtually any information on the engine. Does anyone have a lead on where I could possibly get more information. The engine number is 55TYMC321. Says made in 2014.

/ Mahindra 2555
Since I cannot delete my original thread. I will just try to add to my conversation.
I still do not have my tractor running, but after talking to people I have found one thing.
When I checked my oil level I found it was very high. When I checked my Hyd. fluid level it was very low.
I am being told that my hyd. fluid is getting into my engine. I will probably need a new pump.
My big question now is their seal kits to repair these pumps and who makes the pumps for mahindra. Or, is the seals that are in these pumps common seals i could purchase elsewhere.

/ Mahindra 2555 #3  
I wish you good luck my friend. My (limited) experience with TYM Mahindra joint built tractors has proved mostly fruitless. The two parted company at some point and neither will actively support their joint effort products any longer. I see a pump listed for that model for $1077.00. No breakdown on individual parts available. If your pump works, and all that's truly wrong with it is oil transfer and a bad shaft seal, chances are good you can find and obtain one based on dimensions. Mahindra part numbers will probably be worthless even if you had one. I would remove the pump and examine the seal from the front side and see what that gets you. I wouldn't dismantle the pump itself, because you probably won't be able to match the body seals on the inside. At least I wouldn't count on it.

As for your engine problems, I have nothing for you there. I don't mess with electronic common rail engines. They might be great when they "function as advertised" but when they don't it's a different story.