Mahindra 1635 Fuel cutoff?

/ Mahindra 1635 Fuel cutoff? #1  

Keblac

Tractor
Mahindra 1635
Hey everyone! Looking for some help on my Mahindra 1635. I’m doing my 50 hour service on it and when I got to changing the fuel filters I cannot find a cutoff for the line? The book makes no mention of shutting off the fuel. It just says remove filter and replace with new one. I tried looking on google and couldn’t find anything. YouTube had folks changing filters on 1626’s and they said that filter had a spring that would cutoff the fuel flow while changing. The filter on the 1635 looks completely different but I removed the pre filter to change hoping maybe it had that spring cutoff too and it was a river of diesel. I swapped fast as I could and still made a big mess. I’ve looked all along the fuel line and don’t see a cutoff. Would they design it this way? I still need to do the main filter and probably double check the pre since I swapped it so fast but don’t want to do anything until I figure a way to shut off the fuel. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

/ Mahindra 1635 Fuel cutoff? #2  
Hey everyone! Looking for some help on my Mahindra 1635. I’m doing my 50 hour service on it and when I got to changing the fuel filters I cannot find a cutoff for the line? The book makes no mention of shutting off the fuel. It just says remove filter and replace with new one. I tried looking on google and couldn’t find anything. YouTube had folks changing filters on 1626’s and they said that filter had a spring that would cutoff the fuel flow while changing. The filter on the 1635 looks completely different but I removed the pre filter to change hoping maybe it had that spring cutoff too and it was a river of diesel. I swapped fast as I could and still made a big mess. I’ve looked all along the fuel line and don’t see a cutoff. Would they design it this way? I still need to do the main filter and probably double check the pre since I swapped it so fast but don’t want to do anything until I figure a way to shut off the fuel. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
My 1538 has no shut off for the fuel. It will also cause a river of diesel. I had to use flat vice grips to squeeze the fuel line. There are also fuel clamps designed for this purpose that are probably a bit easier on the fuel line.

/ Mahindra 1635 Fuel cutoff?
Thanks I was thinking I must be missing something! I’ll look into getting fuel line clamps before I replace the main filter.

/ Mahindra 1635 Fuel cutoff? #4  
Running into the same issue, how did your second filter change work out. Also, can't figure out how to disconnect the water sensor at the bottom of the main filter.

/ Mahindra 1635 Fuel cutoff? #5  
Running into the same issue, how did your second filter change work out. Also, can't figure out how to disconnect the water sensor at the bottom of the main filter.
It looks like it must have a rotating sleeve that unscrews then the connector is pulled off--Similar to the old speedometer connections. I don't own a Mahindra so I could be dead wrong but, I just looked at the sensor. (shown below)

Mahindra Water Sensor.jpg

/ Mahindra 1635 Fuel cutoff? #6  
It looks like it must have a rotating sleeve that unscrews then the connector is pulled off--Similar to the old speedometer connections. I don't own a Mahindra so I could be dead wrong but, I just looked at the sensor. (shown below)

View attachment 825875
Thank you. That looks similar to it, couldnt figure out how to disconnect the connector, I'll have to look again.