Mahindra 1533 HST Won't Start - Relay Issue?

/ Mahindra 1533 HST Won't Start - Relay Issue? #1  

jrice00

Tractor
Mahindra 1533 HST
Hello,

Mahindra 1533 HST won't start, sounds like it isn't getting fuel. Turns over strong.

Please see video linked below. I'm trying to highlight that when the key is in the on position, the relay shown makes a buzzing sound but I'm not positive if it is abnormal. Also, the temperature gauge flashes.

Background - replaced the battery this weekend because it wouldn't hold a charge. The battery had been dead for a few weeks prior to replacement. I've checked the fuel line and I don't think I have any air in it. I opened the bleed screw at the fuel injection pump and pushed the priming pump handle a few times and fuel came out of the bleed screw location, so I tightened it back up.

Any help is appreciated.

/ Mahindra 1533 HST Won't Start - Relay Issue? #2  
relays shouldn't buzz. remove it and reseat it.

/ Mahindra 1533 HST Won't Start - Relay Issue?
   / Mahindra 1533 HST Won't Start - Relay Issue? #4  
Thanks, I did try that, no change. Sounds like it may need replacement then.
check the voltage at pin 85 and 86, i feel like your seeing low voltage, right at the trip point, before you replace it, but that looks like a standard relay, make sure its not the relay to the right of it as well.

check the voltage at pin 85 and 86, i feel like your seeing low voltage, right at the trip point, before you replace it, but that looks like a standard relay, make sure its not the relay to the right of it as well.
Thanks for the help. Brought the relay to Napa and found One that worked once. Deleted the old number to avoid confusion. Was not a relay problem.

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 1533 HST Won't Start - Relay Issue? #6  
working good?

/ Mahindra 1533 HST Won't Start - Relay Issue? #8  
Every time my 1626 fails to crank, I cycle the yellow PTO switch and it starts. Not sure if the 1533 has that.

Every time my 1626 fails to crank, I cycle the yellow PTO switch and it starts. Not sure if the 1533 has that.
Thanks, I don't have that. It's been acting funny now, I think there may be a lingering issue with the ground.

/ Mahindra 1533 HST Won't Start - Relay Issue? #10  
That's definitely possible. Ground is extremely important. I made my own ground cable from 2 gauge welding cable.