Made some pallet Forks

/ Made some pallet Forks #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Starting to move stuff out of the garage and house and decided it was worth the time to make up some pallet forks.

They work very well indeed. Thought I would share

IMG_20140928_142718_948.jpgIMG_20140928_142734_748.jpgIMG_20140928_142814_098.jpgIMG_20140928_142830_776.jpgIMG_20140928_142849_095.jpg

/ Made some pallet Forks #3  
You'r pretty handy with the steel ain't ya.:D

/ Made some pallet Forks #6  
Nice build. If I could suggest, I much prefer the style that use a chain from the rear of the fork looped around the bucket with a binder attached about where your clamp is. Much less stress on the bucket floor & cutting edge

/ Made some pallet Forks #7  
Nice work. But I would add 6 to 8" to the back of the fork. It will go under the bucket and take some stress off the bucket blade.

/ Made some pallet Forks
To answer the last few comments:

Thought about doing the chain type, but chain and binder I do not have and cost $$$. This was all scraps. I have $0 in them and about 2-3hrs work.

As to the length and under the heel, again, working with scraps. But as it is now the heel is only a few inches away from the heel of my Kubota bucket. And its not like its an overly powerful loader anyway. And the buckets on my how and dads how are a good bit stronger. I am sure they can handle anything the forks will lift.

/ Made some pallet Forks #9  
These are very similar to what we have built before. The flat cap on the clamp end should be tall enough to contact the bottom of the bucket. Helps support it. Chain on forks are over rated. If you need that much capacity, go skid steer mount and use pallet forks. Just my $0.02

Nice! Work. I use industrial scraps too!

CT

/ Made some pallet Forks #10  
My Gosh LD you really have some talent with a welder!