Mad Props for Gator Attachments

/ Mad Props for Gator Attachments #1  

jcims

Gold Member
Hey Folks,

Just wanted to share a very recent and very positive experience with the folks over at Gator Attachments.

In August I went on a spending spree to equip my new Bobcat as well as I could while the wallet was open. This resulted in a few purchases that I wasn't ready for, primarily because my tractor had no auxiliary hydraulics. One of them was a HTL from CCM, and the other was a so-called Light Duty Grapple Rake from Gator Attachments. (I also picked up a toothbar from them, but I was using that within a few days).

Sometime early in September, the grapple arrived, I admired the construction and then promptly stowed it until just this weekend. With at least a rear aux, I can now contemplate using the grapple with some 'extension lines' and zip ties running to the front of the loader. As i'm looking more closely at the grapple, i notice a small slice in the outer coating on the flexible hydraulic lines they ship with the product. The metal wires weren't cut underneath, but they were starting to corrode, and I wasn't sure I wanted to try to use it too long like this. (My theory is that the toothbar it was shipped with somehow got tangled up in the lines along the way...hard to say for sure.)

So, on Tuesday of this week, I called Gator and spoke with Larry. He asked a few questions, I got him a few measurements, and he promptly informed me that a replacement was heading my way. Just 20 minutes ago, as I was arriving home, the UPS guy was heading the other way down my drive, and sure enough, a small box from Gator Attachments is sitting on the porch.

So just wanted to say thumbs up and thank Larry and the rest of the folks down there for taking care of business!

/ Mad Props for Gator Attachments #2  
Glad they did you right :thumbsup:

"Mad Props..."??? I don't get it? (quote from the movie "Big")

/ Mad Props for Gator Attachments #3  
Glad it worked for you. I couldn't get an answer on the phone earlier today.

/ Mad Props for Gator Attachments #4  
Glad it worked for you. I couldn't get an answer on the phone earlier today.

Hey there. Sorry you could not get an answer. We have just installed a new phone system so you might have gotten caught in the mix! We now have 5 lines instead of two so hopefully you can get us! You can always hit extension 24 and leave me a message personally and I will return your call promptly!

Thanks
Julie---Gator Girls!
Gator Attachments
Gator Attachments

/ Mad Props for Gator Attachments #5  
The website has been down for quite a while - anyone contact them recently?

"Sorry for the inconvenience. Our website is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance."

/ Mad Props for Gator Attachments #6  
north country I noticed the same thing I am trying to buy a 48in grapple but I dont know if they are still in business

/ Mad Props for Gator Attachments #7  
The site is back up. It was down for about ten days, but it seems to be back now.

/ Mad Props for Gator Attachments #8  
They were going strong last month when I picked up my tooth bar!

/ Mad Props for Gator Attachments #9  
I have not been impressed with Gator lately. I just sold my tractor with a Gator / Markham tooth bar and am waiting for my replacement tractor to be delivered. I've called Gator twice and emailed 3 times to find out if they use the side pin cast teeth like shown in the photo of one just delivered to a JD member in May or side pin fabricated teeth like shown in their catalog (when up.) No responses on the emails. I spoke with someone that stated she would email a picture of the tooth style they use but never got anything sent from them.

Side Pin Cast Teeth

I want one like my last one. I liked that style tooth but it looks like I'm going to settle to go with an Iowa Farms tooth bar with the fabricated style tooth instead.

/ Mad Props for Gator Attachments #10  
I have not been impressed with Gator lately

Not sure if the tooth type would be what your interested in, but check out WR LONG. I bought my grapple from them and Nelson gave me the best customer service I could have expected. They're a top notch outfit and definitely care about their customers.
:thumbsup: