M9000HDC3 or M105SHDC

/ M9000HDC3 or M105SHDC #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
Well, the 5030 is going to get replaced or should I say upgraded so that I may purchase a discbine at a later date. I am agonizing between 2 Kubotas, the M105 and the M9000. Of course, both have cabs. I would never even consider an open station tractor of any make. I really hate to give up my hydro as it's ideal for haying but no hydro is availabe in the pto range I need.

I have lightly considered other makes but with Kubota's almost flawless record with me (5 Kubotas and one leaky and promptly fixed at no cost hydraulic cylinder), it's hard to consider another make. So, here they are:

M9000HDC3, 8x8 hydro shuttle with draft control, Ultra II cab with air, wipers, am-fm weatherband cassette, air ride seat, front and rear worklights, 3 remotes and a LA1251A1 loader with 84" quick detach bucket on R1's or R4's (my choice)
$44,500.00

or:

M105SHDC optioned the same, but 12x12 shuttle and the LA1301S self leveling loader and 1000/540 pto.
$48,500.00

I might add that the M9000 has the optional cast weight set on the rears and the 105 is without.

I realize this is probably a "little over the top" for this forum, but I thought my 5030 was over the top at first, but now I see many posters here are getting the larger L series tractors. Yes, the 5030 is for sale, though I do have an offer pending.

The 105 and the 9000 aren't surburban type tractors, but rather speciality ag. tractors. Not the kind of unit to keep in the garage, that is, unless your garage door was pretty high.

Kubota is coming out with a 125 horse to complement the 105 to agument their line of small to medium ag. tractors. The M9000 is their base model, medium sized speciality tractor.

Attachments

• 584162-5030 1.jpg
    584162-5030 1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 325
   / M9000HDC3 or M105SHDC #2  
Hi Daryl - you're right that these are bigger dogs than normally appear here very often.

If I were doing this, I'd go the extra $4k and get the 105S. Looking at the specs for both, there are some factors that favor it. One is the engine. The 105 has the new 230 cu in center-injected 16-valve engine. It makes its power easier - the M9000 has the 203 cu in with indirect injection. Its a great engine but needs the turbo, intercooler, and more rpm to make its rated power. The 105S is a "new" model in the big M series - looks to have a lower hood, better visibility? The larger number of gears sounds good too, and I'm a huge fan of 2-speed PTO - lets the engine loaf on those jobs where it isn't all needed. Resale of the 105 should be a little better - the M9000 is in the same bracket as the M6800 - but the 105 is more like the new 125. Have fun and don't drool too much on the new paint. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Dick B

Noticed something else - which has always been an issue in my book. The M105S has finally put the headlights back up where they are above the FEL in transport position. (One of those little things that comes with design evolution) Not important if you never run after dark I guess.

/ M9000HDC3 or M105SHDC #3  
I'm thinking resale too, the M9000 is likely getting near the end on it's product cycle, and would drop in value when the new ones come out.

Daryl, I'm in Maine now, we looked at the L5030 here and it has no remotes and only the light duty bucket. Priced a bit high too, the private owner tractor became owned by landscaper once we got there.

We should be back home Sunday afternoon, the cell coverage here is spotty, you can gift it a shot.

Ken

/ M9000HDC3 or M105SHDC
Ken:

You noticed that I said I had a buyer pending, right??

I'd never get any FEL with a light duty bucket, that is, unless it was a light dut FEL. The capacities of the FEL on the 5030 preclude a light duty bucket....the mistake I made on my 3710. I welded the bucket on that tractor about 10 times. It always broke right in the corners where the cutting edge was welded to the sides themselves.

The bucket on the 5030 has never been touched by any welder.

/ M9000HDC3 or M105SHDC
Actually, they are both nice tractors. The only bummer is that I can't get the creep speed option on the 105. The creep would give me 24x24. I am a little aprehensive in as much as the hydro gives me infinite creep speeds.

Good grief.....the 105 is so close to 50K......think about how many BX's I could buy.........

I'll probably have to change my forum name to "steel hinges" on my wallet that is.

I don't think that Kubota will drop the whole M line in favor of an upgrade or makeover like the 105-125. The 9000 is the mainstay of that line. I'd like to pick the brains of Kubota's executive staff. It seems like they are steering Kubota slowly into the Ag., market. JD did the opposite. Made the big tractors for years and then made the CUT's.

/ M9000HDC3 or M105SHDC
Ken:

Other than John Hardy making a couple of passes with the rotary rake last year and my wife puttering around the yard with it, no one has run the 5030 other than myself.

I think John likes the tractor (though he won't admit it....he's a NH man). He had rock and roll on the radio and the air on high. His open station Boomer is cooled by ambient air and he has to whistle for entertainment. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ M9000HDC3 or M105SHDC #7  
I have a M9000HDC3. I like it a lot. I wanted a hydro and the 5030 was the largest I could find made. The 5030 seemed like a really nice machine, but I felt I needed some of the larger features. I like the hyd. shuttle, but its no hydro. Mine is 8 X 8. It didn't seem I needed the creeper gears, but sometimes I would mind having a slightly lower gear. I can go slower, but not with power. Even now I would not pay the cost and labor to install the creeper gears.

Reading the other post, seems like I already have an antique... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was initially reluctant about the turbo, but after looking at the design, I am comfortable with it. I have other turbos, but they are fully instrumented and I can see CHTs, EGTs, and ****. I have decided that I don't think it is necessary on the tractor. The only thing I do different is an idle cool down for a few minutes before shutdown if I have been using high power output in the last 5 minutes.

I don't feel that I need a bigger machine, but the new transmission on the 105 sounds very interesting. The microprocessor controlled shift moves it one step closer to hyd., actually seems almost like a glide shift. Also sounds like it can be shifted under load. I would probably upgrade for this.

It's a nice machine. I could wear you guys out talking about this machine. I wish I could offer a delta view from the 5030. I spent today adding 2000# of fluid to the tires. I can't wait to try that out. I may actually get to load the engine.

I would be glad to offer any other info you would like on the M9000HDC3.

/ M9000HDC3 or M105SHDC #8  
I did and I hope I know who it is /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

As a note on the 105, did you try the swing shift? The only one here locally hasn't even been driven by the dealer, they couldn't even answer how it works.

Seems to be a powershift or TA sort of affair available in each gear.

The M9000, the 1000 rpm option, you have to pull the shaft? Can you use it even with the creeper gears? Some times the creeper cassette prevents the 1000 rpm option from being available.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Ken:

You noticed that I said I had a buyer pending, right??

I'd never get any FEL with a light duty bucket, that is, unless it was a light dut FEL. The capacities of the FEL on the 5030 preclude a light duty bucket....the mistake I made on my 3710. I welded the bucket on that tractor about 10 times. It always broke right in the corners where the cutting edge was welded to the sides themselves.

The bucket on the 5030 has never been touched by any welder. )</font>

/ M9000HDC3 or M105SHDC #9  
I know you are trying to stick with Kubota but have you tried any of the IVT tractors available from the other makes? If you do want a hydro, New Holland has the TV145 which makes 105 pto hp, pure hydro and in my mind the best all around haying tractor on the market. Never have priced one but if you have a NH dealer you can price it for me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John Deere also has the 6420 with IVT in the 90 pto hp range. Just a couple other colors that might meet your desires.

TV145

/ M9000HDC3 or M105SHDC
Lets see, I can A plan NH. Actually, in my opinion, NH makes the best hay tools and Kuhn makes the best rakes....

After using a Gyrorake last year, the side delivery is parked in the barn.