M59 Arrived

/ M59 Arrived #1  

TWD

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M59
Well my M59 from Barlow's arrived :thumbsup: this week.

Definitely a step up from the 40hp rental I was used to :D the breakout strength of the FEL and BH were noticeable improvements and will drastically increase productivity! The dirt/clay/dust we have here is TERRIBLE, sure hope the pre-filter thing does some good :) as I needed a mask myself, and even then I was sucking in dirt!

I think I've put about 5 hours on it so far, no mechanical issues or anything serious but 2 hydraulic leaks. 1 easy-fix (no Teflon tape, and easy to get to fitting) another that's leaking very bad and is going to be a real PITA to fix (fitting for BH left/right ram that is buried in the steel frame it appears).

Do all Kubotas come leaking :confused: so far my only complaint :mad:

Enjoy the pictures. I just put the 4N1 bucket on in this picture thus why it's all new looking still:laughing: , I was using the standard bucket that came with it the rest of the time, and boy is that a big bucket, and when loaded you can REALLY feel it.

Tomorrow I`ll get more of the progress.

Attachments

• tractor.jpg
    tractor.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 321
  • tractor2.jpg
    tractor2.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 261
  • tractorbh.jpg
    tractorbh.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 237
   / M59 Arrived
I should say that my dog who does not enjoy riding in my truck (fine in cars) jumped right up into the tractor to say hi. No fear! He then proceded to follow my around on it like he does when I`m on the ATV.

That's saying something for Kubota I think :laughing: :laughing:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 141
   / M59 Arrived #3  
Very nice piece of equipment.:thumbsup:

/ M59 Arrived #4  
Sweet!
I would say now go get it dirty but I see you already have.

/ M59 Arrived #5  
Very nice piece of equipment.:thumbsup:

Ditto that comment - and that BH looks pretty heavy duty! Get any other bucket sizes? You mentioned eating dust - saw unit same as yours in our local Kubota dealer getting an after market cab put on - it actually looked like it was from Kubota. Looks like you could use one too.. :)

/ M59 Arrived
The 24" bucket that is on there has been an eye opener for me! This tractor has some serious power, probably more power than what's usable by the weight of this tractor. I have plans to get the rear tires filled and think it will def. help when using the BH and FEL!!!

As far as your question... yes I got a 12" bucket too. Something smaller so I can run pipe and wire in the trench.

The top soil moves so easy with the 24" I can see how a 36" would be very useful :D Only issue I've run into is shale rock and like I said the BH is heavy duty for this tractor, getting hung up means it moves the tractor up and down or side to side with ease and when it stalls out I know I've hit a HUGE root, rock, etc.

The BH is VERY IMPRESSIVE it seems useful where-as the 30-40hp BH I've used seemed more suited for trenching only or small holes... I`ll have some pictures of recent work shortly.

I`m thinking we may add a BX25 within the next few years :thumbsup: for small projects, and tight areas and it will fit and maneuverer in the garden area easier. Maybe Barlows offers a 2nd purchase discount, haha!

/ M59 Arrived #7  
! The dirt/clay/dust we have here is TERRIBLE, sure hope the pre-filter thing does some good :) as I needed a mask myself, and even then I was sucking in dirt!

Do all Kubotas come leaking :confused: :mad:.

How does the hood open with that pre-filter? Can it open? Man o' man...that's a weird design !
I'd like to have a centrifugal prefilter on mine too, but don't really want it mounted in the middle of the hood. That's got me to am wondering what the options are. Has anyone else done it a different way?

As for the leaks, the flip answer would be,
"Yes they do. In fact they usually come with at least two leaks and often of differing difficulty".

Possibly the leaks are Kubota's effort to familiarize the owner with basic maintenance - or maybe there are just so many joints that the odds are that one of them has to leak. Both of my factory leaks were in hose connections on the onside loader arm. One was cured by simply being loosened and retightened - the other hasn't responded to such simple treatment and the repair so far has only progressed to a cotton grease rag wrapped around the offending joint. Warranty?

Glad you like your M59. We sure like ours.
rScotty

/ M59 Arrived #8  
We purchased one this past spring and had leaks as well. They were not a big deal to repair, however irritating. We use it without the backhoe for hayraking and tedding and it preformed well this summer. The backhoe with the thumb was great for getting field rocks out in the spring as well.
My only complaint would be the three point hitch. Poor preformance thus far. We are considering getting the rear tires loaded with wheel weights next year, maybe rim guard as well. It tends to bounce a little without the backhoe attached.

/ M59 Arrived
The pre-filter slips off when you loosen a wing-nut. Actually faster/easier than I thought it would be :D

After about 8 hours there is a good amount of dirt in there :laughing: I checked the other filter catch thing in the engine compartment and no dust came out so it must be working :D

/ M59 Arrived #10  
I have the dealer installing one of those M59 prefilters on my M108 this week. They seem to do a great job.