M Series Kubotas

/ M Series Kubotas
BillC

I had the exact same problem you did, but took my lumps and waited for the 2000 models to come out. The M6800SD was only being shipped on confirmed customer orders. The dealers did not have any and the loaders were not available at that time either. I only had to wait about three weeks to get the tractor with loader.

My place has a lot of rock on it, so everything is harder to do than it should be. The M6800SD tractor is almost the exact size of the smaller M Series but is built heavier and that really comes in handy to have the heft without the size that so often goes with it. It is heavy and is about 8500 pounds with tire ballast, loader and tiller.

After my wife and her sister hooked up the mower a time or two, just the fact that the M6800 had adjustable links on the three point was enough for her. Just get within a few inches, get off, and hook it up. Guess I won't be a good candidate for a quick hitch adapter. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I use a 6 ft medium duty mower with chain guards to keep down the weeds and grass without throwing rocks through the windows. Use a tiller to make rocky soil plantable. Coastal Field, Garden, Orchard, and Grapes have been planted. Still have a lot of fence building to do this summer and driveway and entrance need work. The loader on the M Series is very strong. I use the loader to pull old fence posts, lift all sort of heavy things, in addition to handling dirt, gravel, etc.

Isn't it amazing that all the really hard things to do on a small acreage become so much easier with a tractor around to do the heavy work? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I really like the M6800. It seems to come equipped with everything I need or wanted and everything seems to be in the right place. (Mark - No hydro pedal in front of the brake pedal) /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ M Series Kubotas #32  
Well, nothing is perfect... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Mark