m 59 oil change

/ m 59 oil change #2  
Ford, Chevy, Dodge????? Republican, Democrat, Independent??? Yellow, Blue, red, green???
hahahaha... there is no telling what responses you may get... I'll throw mine out there.

There is MUCH debate about the use of CJ rated oils vs. CI rated oils. There also seems to be some misconception that CI rated oils are no longer available.... As of now, there are several manufacturers that still produce the CI rated stuff. For many of us, the CI is preferred, but the CJ is NOT going to grenade your engine. THe debate on CJ rated oil stems from whether it has enough protection for the camshaft and other high shearing areas. Additives can be added for "peace of mind"
With all that said, I would choose a major brand such as Mobil Delvac, Shell Rotella, Chevron Delo... Synthetics aren't really required unless you live in an arctic environment, other than that, its really a waste of money.
Not sure who manufacturers the Bota stuff, but I'm almost sure it isnt Kubota. Using a good quality filter is equally as important.