LX2610 CAB -- OK to use: STA-BIL Diesel Winter Anti-Gel

/ LX2610 CAB -- OK to use: STA-BIL Diesel Winter Anti-Gel #1  

JME81

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610HSDC
Living in New England, we can get down to -20 in the winter. Is it OK to put a cap full in my 5 gallon diesel winter blend storage can or the deisel tank in the tractor?

STA-BIL Diesel Winter Anti-Gel - Prevents Fuel Gelling Down to -40 Degrees Fahrenheit - Cleans Injectors - Treats 250 Gallons of Diesel Fuel, 32 fl. oz. (15225)

/ LX2610 CAB -- OK to use: STA-BIL Diesel Winter Anti-Gel #2  
Won’t hurt it at all. But winter blend diesel already has anti gel mixed into it so the only time you really need it is if you’re already starting to gel from bad fuel.

/ LX2610 CAB -- OK to use: STA-BIL Diesel Winter Anti-Gel #3  
Don't be that stingy with it, better yet read the directions. It'll probably talk about 2-300 gallons and not mention 5.
You can't use too much, it might be wasteful but not harmful. 👍
I'd guess an ounce or 2.

/ LX2610 CAB -- OK to use: STA-BIL Diesel Winter Anti-Gel #4  
Harsher climates are generally better at getting the winter diesel correct. My area STARTS delivering winter blend on November 01. Who knows when the tanks will be reasonably winterized.
That said, I treat my fuel with an antigel in the winter months regardless.

/ LX2610 CAB -- OK to use: STA-BIL Diesel Winter Anti-Gel #5  
Living in New England, we can get down to -20 in the winter. Is it OK to put a cap full in my 5 gallon diesel winter blend storage can or the deisel tank in the tractor?

STA-BIL Diesel Winter Anti-Gel - Prevents Fuel Gelling Down to -40 Degrees Fahrenheit - Cleans Injectors - Treats 250 Gallons of Diesel Fuel, 32 fl. oz. (15225)

/ LX2610 CAB -- OK to use: STA-BIL Diesel Winter Anti-Gel #6  
I use power service in the white bottle all year. In twenty years I have never had a gel problem….touch wood!

/ LX2610 CAB -- OK to use: STA-BIL Diesel Winter Anti-Gel #7  

Additives are fine and some areas have seriously "winterized" fuel that you could depend on (maybe.) I say additives are needless expense and winterization is spotty, uncertain, and unreliable. Just never know. I do know the heavy equipment operators running diesel dozers, etc. in Northern VT told me years ago they always mix 50-50 #1 and #2 whenever the temps are going to be in the gel range (i.e. below 10 deg F.) That is the most reliable method in my opinion.