LS XR4046 Battery Removal

/ LS XR4046 Battery Removal #1  

mrigney

Tractor
LS XR4046
Posted this in repairs, but it's probably better out here. Didn't realize there was an LS forum when I originally posted.

Dumb question I'm sure, but bear with me. I'm new to tractors. Have an LS XR4046. Battery appears to be dead (slow.to start over winter, jumped it off a couple of times, now nothing when I crank).

Are there any guides with pictures on removing the battery on this model? It is underneath a.solid plate and.has several hoses running through and around. I don't see a straightforward removal. Sent my father in law a picture (he's been driving Kubota for decades) and said his is not "protected" like mine. Any help appreciated. Have pasture that needs mowing:)

/ LS XR4046 Battery Removal #2  
Attach a picture. Mine just has a hold-down & pretty simple.

/ LS XR4046 Battery Removal #3  
Your tractor is very similar to mine. Check out this video I made when I replaced my battery. Hope it helps

/ LS XR4046 Battery Removal
Your tractor is very similar to mine. Check out this video I made when I replaced my battery. Hope it helps
Hey! I actually saw your video before I came here! Your battery "area" looks a bit different than mine. Attaching some pictures. I removed the circled bolt on each side. The top plate (for lack of a better word) that says "avoid direct water spray on ECU" still doesn't move, though...it seems.to be connected.to a vertical metal piece behind the battery (circled in blue).

I'm probably missing something super easy here. I'm new to tractors and am probably going to start hanging out here more .need.to learn more about how to work on/take care of what I've got.
PXL_20230809_140239594~2.jpg

PXL_20230809_140951724.jpg
PXL_20230809_140856736~2.jpg

/ LS XR4046 Battery Removal #6  
First thing you need to do is clean the area, especially your radiators. Those fins look plugged. Cleaning the area will help you (and us) identify things a bit better.

Your ECU is mounted on top of your battery. No worries. The bolt you circled, and the one on the other side, looks like it acts as both the mount for the ECU and the battery hold down. Remove both those bolts. Its okay to disconnect plugs from the ECU to get it out of the way. Just make sure you plug it back in correctly and keep moisture from entering the plugs (don't do this on a rainy day outside). Once the ECU and mount is out of the way, it should be simple enough to pull the battery.

/ LS XR4046 Battery Removal #7  
trickle charge the battery overnight and clean your negative and ground points.

Be sure you're not wasting your money and time. Batteries last pretty long if you maintain them.

I'll hook mine up to a battery charger that auto switches to "maintain" mode after the battery charges up then I let it hooked up overnight.

If you battery is dead it won't ever switch to maintain mode and you know its dead.

/ LS XR4046 Battery Removal #8  
Often it is just a bad connection on one of the main wires to the battery, check ground(& frame ground from battery) and hot.

/ LS XR4046 Battery Removal
First thing you need to do is clean the area, especially your radiators. Those fins look plugged. Cleaning the area will help you (and us) identify things a bit better.

Your ECU is mounted on top of your battery. No worries. The bolt you circled, and the one on the other side, looks like it acts as both the mount for the ECU and the battery hold down. Remove both those bolts. Its okay to disconnect plugs from the ECU to get it out of the way. Just make sure you plug it back in correctly and keep moisture from entering the plugs (don't do this on a rainy day outside). Once the ECU and mount is out of the way, it should be simple enough to pull the battery.
Agreed it needs to be cleaned. Attaching another picture. The ECU has a nut that appears to hold it in place where the arrow is pointing (close up circled). It's stuck on there pretty good. Assuming that's going to have to get loosened and removed before I can take the ECU off.
PXL_20230809_212238162~2.jpg
PXL_20230809_212211061~2.jpg

/ LS XR4046 Battery Removal #10  
You should be able to loosen that nut & maybe one on the other side & rotate the whole ECU/plate assembly up & out of the way. Also looks like you have a foot hold down at the bottom front near side of the battery Still covered in dirt & leaves/clippings. remove the bolt & plastic foot & with the cables disconnected, the battery should slide forward & be removable by tipping/rotating/finding clearance.