LS XJ 2025J fuel issues

/ LS XJ 2025J fuel issues #1  

Scojen7

Tractor
LS, xj2025H
After a routine maintenance check I decide to change the fuel filter. after changing the filter I run the bleed procedure on the manual seeing little or no air involved. The engine cranks but does not fire up. Tried starter fluid motor bumps but nothing fires. Perplexed I start cracking the lines while cranking looking for air all connections bleed wet still nothing fires up Considering removing the fuel injectors and checking for obstruction not crazy about that. So questions or thoughts about getting this working would be appreciated.

/ LS XJ 2025J fuel issues #2  
So u loosened ALL the lines AT THE INJECTORS and cranked the engine until fuel squirted out.. THEN tightened them.??
MBy chance did u shut the fuel off at the tank and forgot to turn it back on.??

/ LS XJ 2025J fuel issues
Well, there are no shut-off valves in this system I did crack each injector individually and cranked until showing wet.

/ LS XJ 2025J fuel issues #4  
“Showing wet” is not the same as squirting out..
U also said “individually”..
Which too isn’t the same as loosen ALL the lines..at the injectors..

Ok PumpGuySC,
Ok I guess getting wet shows nothing I will remove the lines and the injectors and are free of obstruction. then crank to check for flow.

/ LS XJ 2025J fuel issues #6  
All u have to do is LOOSEN ALL THE LINES AT THE INJECTORS a couple of turns.. crank the engine until fuel SQUIRTS OUT..
THAT tells u all the air has worked out of the system..

Ok I will give that a shot in the am. After I get some metric flare nut wrenches. S.A.E. works but not always.
Thanks again!

PumpGuySC

"crank the engine until fuel SQUIRTS OUT" Ok I did that and yes the tubes did "pulse out fuel" Not squirt as offered. Then I warmed up the glow plugs turned to crank it and still nothing fires. I even removed the air filter and tried with starter fluid still nothing. So which way do I look at injector nozzles or injection pumps?

Scojen7

Last edited: