LS xg3032 hydraulic pump straining and getting hot

/ LS xg3032 hydraulic pump straining and getting hot #21  
Before changing anything determine where the system relief valve is located. It should be the very first item on the pressure line from the pump. If relief is in the loader valve do not remove loader valve from the circuit since you have then removed the only safety device you have in the system.

Where is the loader valve mounted and how many lines are connected to it? Which of the lines gets hot the quickest when starting from ambient temperature?

/ LS xg3032 hydraulic pump straining and getting hot
The pressure relief valve is bolted to the top of the loader valve. There 4 lines coming from the valve pump which go to the loader pistons. There are 2 other lines which are hard lines to feed and return the fluid to the valve pump. One of the hard lines comes from the top of the rear housing. The other hard lines comes from lower trans housing,

The line that is getting hot is the one that comes from the transmission housing. Not sure if this feed or return?

It seemed to be working fine until tractor warmed up when I started it today. I will start it again tomorrow to see if this happens again.

It does not seem easy to remove the valve pump from the circuit or else I would be more tempted to try it. The feed and return are banjo lines that bolt to the pump.

The problem seems to be in the valve pump.

/ LS xg3032 hydraulic pump straining and getting hot #24  
Is the loader removable and the lines disconnect. Just taking lines off should eliminate the loader. Do you have a LS dealer around to ask the mechanic what it is doing. My old B8200 kubota never had a loader but had a hydraulic pump whine and 3 point was not strong. Got looking and a pin in the diverter valve on the valve bank had a branch or something turn it and bend the stop pin. Replaced pin, repositioned valve and all was good. May be something as simple as that. Also, most return lines have a mesh screen that can clog

/ LS xg3032 hydraulic pump straining and getting hot #25  
There is no such thing as a valve pump! The pump is the part mounted on the tractor if external has two lines to it. One the incoming oil and the other the outgoing oil. The valve (control valve) is the chunk of iron to which the handles are attached, and has the inlet port (usually marked in) which is also usually on the relief valve side. The opposite side is the Outlet (usually marked out, but also may be marked byd (Power beyond) The on the top on bottom top or bottom you have 4 work ports, two of which go to the main lift cylinders and two go to the dump cylinders. These ports give you double acting hydraulics or raise and lower and curl and dump. The levers you move are connected to spools that when moved direct the oil under pressure to the correct port. If these spools get off center due to a broken centering spring or something prevent their full travel it will cause a restriction and cause you problem. But that may not be your problem. If the coupler spring gets weak oil flow can cause the poppet to move and close the coupler to oil flow. Or a hose could be deteriorating internally and a piece of rubber could be blocking a fitting.
Most systems when a loader is added take a source of oil spilt it off send it to the loader valve and then either send it on to the s point hitch, hoe or other auxiliary valve. Not the best way but it will work. Why not the best way? This set up pressurizes the loader control valve and puts pressure on the sealing o rings. The correct way is to use the power beyond adapter and run that to the three point hitch etc. BUT then the loader control valve needs a separate return line to sump.
If your tractor does not use this pump to feed the three point hitch the the return hose can be return to sump and there would be no need for a power beyond.

Without power beyond

A power beyond valve explained

Also note most good loader valve will have load checks. A load check is a one way valve that will open only when the system pressure is higher than the trapped pressure in the cylinders. Without a load check the loader will drop slightly before raising.

If I were trouble shooting your tractor I would 1. be sure the valve spools are centering. 2 remove the inlet line at the valve return it to the tank/sump or the source of the hydraulic oil and test. If the return goes back to the tank/sump hook the inlet and return line together and test. 3 Unless the pump was added for the loader it had to flow to something else that had a relief valve in it, so even hooking those lines together should prove or disprove the loader valve. And may indicate a problem on down the line.
Remember the loader relief valve uses the return from the valve to relieve the excess pressure.
One more pointer if the lines are hoses any the are pressurized will visibly move as the pressure builds, and the component that is restricting the oil will get hot.
Good luck in figuring out your issue.

Update,

Ok I just learned that the valve body deadheading is only happening when the 3-pt hitch is lifted. If the lever is down I do not experience deadheading. I will be inspecting deeper today to see if I can see anything off.

Anybody have any suggestions now that I know it is related to the 3 pt?

/ LS xg3032 hydraulic pump straining and getting hot #27  
Does it only happen when the 3 point is raised to its top limit? or does it happen at any height except for fully down?
If only at full height then some of the linkage needs adjusted to shut off the control valve. If any height you may need to inspect the draft linkage if equipped.

It is only happening when the 3 point is at top limit. I adjusted the thumb screw so that I can't raise it as high. I saw that there is a adjustable stop to adjust where the lever stop is - Is this all I need to adjust? What caused something to change? it wasn't like this before..

/ LS xg3032 hydraulic pump straining and getting hot #29  
Glad you found the "problem".
I don't know anything about LS tractors, but---working with other makes sometimes problems have similar remedies.
Something must have changed, either the adjustment got loose and "self" adjusted or something or somehow the linkage got bent. It is possible but doubtful that something wore and changed the adjustment. Or even someone else may have "adjusted" it not knowing what they (or even knowing) what they were doing. Some investigation may be needed to find the cause.
Now that you have fixed the problem you will be aware of it if it happens again.
The only thing left is to get back to work!
Have a wonderful day!