LS xg3032 hydraulic pump straining and getting hot

/ LS xg3032 hydraulic pump straining and getting hot
First check you loader quick connects. Then make sure all functions of the loader work. After that I would inspect all the lines to and from the loader valve.
All of the lines and quick connects appear fine from the outside. Do I need to remove lines to try to find a blockage?

/ LS xg3032 hydraulic pump straining and getting hot #12  
I would disconnect and reconnect to make sure they are seated but id all the loader motion work normally I would assume they are seated. You said your 3 pt goes up and down as it should, right? ON my old BX you can get the 3point maxed and sometimes the valve does not kick of on on it's own.
Maybe just something jammed (stick) into the 3 point control?

I am looking through old threads regarding deadheading and have found some useful information.

Going to remove set screws for PB port on pump to see if there is blockage in there.

I ordered two new quick connects fittings male and female. One of them is stuck and I can't remove(been like this for months) the other I noticed some corrosion on the male fitting. Maybe I should go ahead and replace others too but will start with the two.

I looked underneath the back at the 3 pt linkage and don't see anything odd. 3 pt seems to be working normal.

From what I have read, a relief vale on the pressure line leaving the pump would be a good idea to prevent deadheading.

/ LS xg3032 hydraulic pump straining and getting hot #14  
Just to clarify, by no remotes, does the tractor have no remotes or you're just not using them? Another case where this situation happens is where people accidentally bump a remote lever that has detent and it will dead head the pump.

/ LS xg3032 hydraulic pump straining and getting hot #15  
Your loader valve should have a relief valve as does the 3 point but they come on when full pressure is achieved. SO only when a FULL load is applied. Other thing to check
Brake ON or Stuck?

Your loader valve should have a relief valve as does the 3 point but they come on when full pressure is achieved. SO only when a FULL load is applied. Other thing to check
Brake ON or Stuck?

Brakes seem to be working normal and not stuck, tractor will coast with ease.

Just to clarify, by no remotes, does the tractor have no remotes or you're just not using them? Another case where this situation happens is where people accidentally bump a remote lever that has detent and it will dead head the pump.
Tractor does not have any remotes or 3rd function.

/ LS xg3032 hydraulic pump straining and getting hot #18  
Hello,

So I noticed a new sound coming from the hydraulic pump under right side floorboard, I realized it is straining the engine as the tractor doesn't start as easy and dies very fast when I turn tractor off.

When I am using the lift function on the loader the problem is temporarily resolved.

The pump is hot to touch after using tractor. This is without having done any loader work just driving w/pto and using 3pt hitch for less than a hour.

It is as if something is stuck. I do not have 3rd function or rear remote. The problem started while I was using the tractor and I had not done any work to the tractor prior.

What could be causing this problem and where should I start to fix it?
I agree with the deadheading pump comment. For some reason the pump isn't relieving pressure when flow isn't required thus the loaded engine then no loading when flow is used to move the lift.

/ LS xg3032 hydraulic pump straining and getting hot #19  
An open center system must move oil. The pump has a positive displacement. If any restriction occurs within the system it will cause pressure to rise and cause the pump to work harder and will create heat.
A restriction can be caused by a valve not centering, a valve held on after the cylinder travel has ended, a bad coupler in which the poppets don't center. restriction in the lines bent shut or foreign object restricting flow.

You stated the noise will disappear when the "lift function" is used. Have you taken the loader valve out of the circuit?

You also inquired about a relief valve at the pump. A relief valve only "unloads" high pressure, it will not unload the pump.

With your description of the problem I would start by removing the loader valve from the circuit, just hook the inlet and outlet hoses together. Still on high pressure? Be sure couplers are good. Still on high pressure check 3 point to be sure it is not trying to raise too far, move the control down slightly. still on high pressure? check lines and hoses for a restriction. At any point you may also take the output of the pump, valve, return etc directly to the hydraulic reservoir.

/ LS xg3032 hydraulic pump straining and getting hot #20  
Sounds like the loader valve/control is the problem.

When did it last NOT have this issue? What has happened (work/maintenance and tractor use/activities) since then?