LS Service Manuals

/ LS Service Manuals #32  
This is what it looks like.

How many MB is the file? Is it huge with lots of detailed pictures? I have a service manual for the XR4100HC and it's 103 MB.

Might get the MT3C one if it's nice and detailed, but since the XR4100HC was so close to the MT3C, I bet mine are 95% the same.

/ LS Service Manuals #33  
How many MB is the file? Is it huge with lots of detailed pictures? I have a service manual for the XR4100HC and it's 103 MB.

Might get the MT3C one if it's nice and detailed, but since the XR4100HC was so close to the MT3C, I bet mine are 95% the same.

It 216MB.

Laid out similar by chapter to the XR41 manual. I honestly haven't had to much time to look through it yet but pictures and diagrams are about the same in quantity and quality.

/ LS Service Manuals #34  
I know my dealership told me that to view the manuals they have to login to the LS site so they monitor or can monitor what dealers do. If that's true, maybe that's why you are seeing this being stopped. Don't know.

John Deere, Massey Ferguson, CNH, Kubota, Yanmar, and probably others I'm forgetting but they all offer service manuals for sale. Why LS doesn't is a big question. If you think about it they are loosing money by not offering one and dealership's are too by giving it away.

I told LS North America last year that they needed to start offering service manuals for sale and a parts website like the bigger manufacturer's do. To date I've not heard anything from them and that was expected.

Actually on some of the Yanmar global sites, the manuals are offered for immediate download as FREE. All one has to do is provide name, email and a phone number. Then the Yanmar site places you in the download section with hundreds to pick from.

Now, why was Sears Craftsmen riding mowers were so popular in the day (decades upon decades)? It's because they made all their manuals available for FREE. Customer loyalty and a strong following developed. Toro has done the same thing. Cub Cadet Compact tractor manuals are all for FREE on the MTD site too.

Would you buy a new vehicle for 20K and then need to pay out $50 to $100 for an owners manual? How absurd that would be.

People with part manuals use them. They order parts. This gets the parts supply chain going strong. Having no info reduces the amount of interaction of ordering parts. The Parts Manuals also show other OPTIONS. A tractor owner can get really interested in an option should it be necessary to have. They then can search, find a source and order the option like a closed OE cab, or hydraulic valve body, etc.

As for Service Manuals, yes, those need to be of value sold by the manufacture or dealer or a parts supplier.

Many of the John Deere OPS manuals are online for FREE too along with the data sheets.

/ LS Service Manuals #35  
I have one for ls mt125 on pdf from dealer if anyone needs a copy I can email sections to you

/ LS Service Manuals #36  
Actually on some of the Yanmar global sites, the manuals are offered for immediate download as FREE. All one has to do is provide name, email and a phone number. Then the Yanmar site places you in the download section with hundreds to pick from.

Now, why was Sears Craftsmen riding mowers were so popular in the day (decades upon decades)? It's because they made all their manuals available for FREE. Customer loyalty and a strong following developed. Toro has done the same thing. Cub Cadet Compact tractor manuals are all for FREE on the MTD site too.

Would you buy a new vehicle for 20K and then need to pay out $50 to $100 for an owners manual? How absurd that would be.

People with part manuals use them. They order parts. This gets the parts supply chain going strong. Having no info reduces the amount of interaction of ordering parts. The Parts Manuals also show other OPTIONS. A tractor owner can get really interested in an option should it be necessary to have. They then can search, find a source and order the option like a closed OE cab, or hydraulic valve body, etc.

As for Service Manuals, yes, those need to be of value sold by the manufacture or dealer or a parts supplier.

Many of the John Deere OPS manuals are online for FREE too along with the data sheets.

About the only thing I can agree with what you said is that Owners Manuals are free, or FREE if you prefer. But nobody is really talking about owners manuals though.

/ LS Service Manuals #37  
You got lucky. My dealer said no.
You are getting the run-around from your dealer then. Any Dealer worth their salt will provide you with a link to download the service manual. They usually place a time limit for that ability.

/ LS Service Manuals #38  
It may be in there dealer agreements that the service manuals are the company's intellectual property.

/ LS Service Manuals #39  
That is a wonderful find! (Looking now to see if I can find the manual for my xr4145hc). I will happily pay $50 for the manual.