LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #31  
A lot of suggestions. There is nothing normal about what you are describing.

I don't have much to add, but are you sure you are using Low Sulfer fuel and not biodiesel?
Just a thought.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #32  
this was going into the last regen, before the second regen light (DPF Temp) came on.
It was about 70f out, does the temp gauge seem too cool?

Most temp gauges won't be the same tractor to tractor. Do you have a OBD reader you can use? That will tell you what the temperature the ECU is seeing.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL
@ljjhouser yes, positive, low sulfur diesel

@PCABE5 I do have one, I haven't hooked it up to look though. I believe the ODBII port is inside one of the dash panels which would have to be removed during use. It is a good idea though. My goal of this thread is to get good ideas, and see if the dealership will look into the issue further even though LS says my regen frequency is perfectly normal which we all know that is complete BS.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #34  
Air filter is cleaned regularly with compressed air, I have not replaced the air or the fuel filter, as they are a long way from their rated replacement periods (500 hours) and there has been no noticed indication of required replacement such as rough idle/running, etc.

I have not noticed any engine oil usage. Oil/filter were replaced at 50hrs with conventional 15w40 with a stock LS filter and again at 150 hours with synthetic T6 15w40. Just checked the level, same a when I filled it 150hrs ago.

I don't let it idle even close to 10 minutes. a minute warm up and 2 minutes cool down, and now and again when trying to hear my wife say something, that's about it.

The engine manual recommends 10w30. I run the Rotella T5 10w30 in mine. We where having some Regen too frequent problems in a few trucks and found they where running 15w40 when the engines where supposed to have 10w30. Fixed those trucks. I doubt it's your issue but might be worth a shot?
the only way I know of to check the soot load within the DPF would be through the dealership diagnostic computer.

Use two vacuum/fuel pump gauges. Disconnect the two hoses from the DPF. Put one gauge on each fitting on the DPF. The upstream gauge should be near the same as the downstream gauge with the engine at rpm after a Regen. When the tractor wants a Regen, do the same test. The upstream gauge should be higher pressure than the downstream gauge.

Are the nipples coming out of the DPF going to the DPF sensor clear? If the upstream is clogged it can hold pressure even when the engine is off. DPF sensor will read that as a full soot load.

Very rare but the actual substrate in the DPF may have shifted causing a skewed reading to the DPF sensor. Wish I was a lot closer to you. I'd come give it a good look over an see what's going on.

The engine manual recommends 10w30.

Dealer recommends and uses 15w40 in this area.

From the manual:

Screenshot 2022-03-24 1.35.11 PM.png

Last edited:
   / LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #36  
Dealer recommends and uses 15w40 in this area.

From the manual:

View attachment 738824

The information I found was in the actual L3C19-T engine manual not the tractor manual. I can not seem to find the download right now. Always how it goes! 😁

Regardless, yes your oil viscosity is correct for you. So let's just cross that off the list.

funny how that works, I found the same with my zero turn, the Kawasaki engine manual lists different values for things than the Bad Boy mower manual does.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #38  
Is this suppose to be in the on position?
  • DPF switch left in regeneration mode, I have never inhibited regeneration.
To regen you should be in the upper rpm's so the
exhaust gets hot enough to burn the soot off.

I have the Yanmar YTY235C and when it regen's
the rpm's are always over 2200 the next time your
tractor regen's try getting the rpm's over 2200

willy

willy

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #39  
Sounds like too much soot to me.

I have a MT352 only re-gened 1x in 50+ hours during snow removal I only noticed cause the ice was melting off the snow bucket faster than usual and looked at the light for re-gen was on only lasted about 10 minutes and noticed no difference in performance.

What would cause too much soot??

Eliminate fuel issues maybe dump and clean the fuel tank and lines. Then move on from there.

Noticed your last re-gen took 20 some hrs ?? I'd bet you got the tractor with bad fuel already in there and your tank is contaminated... my guess.

Edit:
Clean fuel injectors maybe they got clogged with bad fuel in tank from original purchase.
Maybe dump the machine at their door and leave it till fixed.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #40  
Just for fun, have you tried a different engine oil, and perhaps make sure that the oil level is not one millimeter too high?

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

8 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
8 Yard steel end...
2005 Ditch Witch FX30 Vacuum Evacuator (A32932)
2005 Ditch Witch...
Drag Harrow (A33041)
Drag Harrow (A33041)
Oliver Superior 44 2-Row Planter w/Row Marker 2-Horse (A33349)
Oliver Superior 44...
New Central Machinery 13-HP Gas Engine, Mdl. 96145 (A33349)
New Central...
2015 Moffett M8 55.3 (048) Truck Mounted Forklift (A33113)
2015 Moffett M8...