LS or Kubota

/ LS or Kubota #211  
Paint your tractor many colors that way you
don't leave room for an argument :ROFLMAO:

willy
Didn't Dolly Parton sing a song about that or something similar a few decades ago?

/ LS or Kubota #212  
Everyone knows that the best tractors are BLUE ! And have 12 speeds and a clutch!
You guys are funny!

/ LS or Kubota #213  
It's kind of funny. In every thread of this type the lesser known brand promoters (for lack of better term) always point out the better lift capacity, options and price. Kubota guys (or JD) always harp about parts, service, resale, etc.
If kubota or JD had best in class lift capacity, chasis weight, options, and were always priced competitively, no one would want to buy anything else.
For some reason they don't seem interested in keeping up with the pack in some areas. They may offer other "soft" benefits, but it's hard to put a number on those things in order to compare.

/ LS or Kubota #214  
I think that it's much ado about nothing. Then again, I still miss my clutch and shuttle shift. Here's what Messicks says on the subject...

Then again, I would expect them to favor the system which they sell. ;)

My father had the cruise control on his L2800. I've tried it a few times but you really need to be on smooth ground and traveling a distance to make it worthwhile.
I like the cruise control on my tractor for rotary cutting, but I use a low speed.

/ LS or Kubota #215  
It's kind of funny. In every thread of this type the lesser known brand promoters (for lack of better term) always point out the better lift capacity, options and price. Kubota guys (or JD) always harp about parts, service, resale, etc.
If kubota or JD had best in class lift capacity, chasis weight, options, and were always priced competitively, no one would want to buy anything else.
For some reason they don't seem interested in keeping up with the pack in some areas. They may offer other "soft" benefits, but it's hard to put a number on those things in order to compare.
Most of us are averaging less than 150 hours a year. I am in that demographics. We don’t care if a tractor will last 5000 hours or if parts are hard to get in 30 years.

BTW, had 30 YO JD and parts were not easy to get for it either.

For me, buying a name or color was not worth the trade off. I could buy a lesser name brand machine or spend $8000 more.

And as to dealers, in my area, the better dealer did not sell green or orange. I know that may be a unique situation.

/ LS or Kubota #216  
Dolly sang coat of many colors

willy

/ LS or Kubota #217  
Thank you, don. I gives me hope to to see someone with their priorities in the right place.

Tractors ought to be green. All of them. Everyone knows that.
The rest of the stuff like engines and gears and hydraulics is just marketing fluff.
You made a spelling error, but I fixed it for you. :D

Every tractor should also have a clutch, Hi/Lo range, and 4 gears. You kids who don't know how to drive a stick shouldn't even be on the road-er, field.
😂😂

/ LS or Kubota #219  
And as to dealers, in my area, the better dealer did not sell green or orange. I know that may be a unique situation.

As explained in another thread by me, it comes down to each person's individual circumstances and local market. The best tractor to buy in Johannesburg, MI will not necessarily be the best tractor to buy in NW Ohio.

I will also point out that everybody values things differently. What is important and necessary for one person may not be so for another. The tractor industry could be a case study for Harvard Business School students. It demonstrates Porter's Five Forces probably better then any other industry out there. I will reference this article as follow up reading for anyone who cares to learn about Porter and the competitive landscape: How Competitive Forces Shape Strategy

/ LS or Kubota #220  
As explained in another thread by me, it comes down to each person's individual circumstances and local market. The best tractor to buy in Johannesburg, MI will not necessarily be the best tractor to buy in NW Ohio.

I have to ask, Johannesburg MI is a rather small and incredibly random place in Michigan to choose for an example unless you live there. Are you a local also?

So as to not totally derail this thread, I'll add my 2 cents. Unless you're dead set on buying new, look at lightly used 2-4 year old units which most will still have warranty left. I picked up a 2019 massey 1740m Hydro cab for just under $24k out the door a few weeks back. All the quotes I'd gotten from local dealers were $38-42k for a new 35-40hp cab Hydro with loader and front blower. So even with ordering the mid pto kit and front blower, I'm still $8-12k under buying new.