LS mt357

/ LS mt357 #1  

cooperman

Tractor
Cat D4, Ford 6610, JD 990 and Agco GT 75
Does anyone have any experience with a mt357? I drove one the other day and it seemed pretty comfortable and well laid out. I have a quote of 34,xxx otd delivered, it seems like a fair price. I am also looking at a Branson 5835r which seems pretty much like apples to apples. Ls dealer is 25 miles away and Branson is 125 miles. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

/ LS mt357 #2  
It's late, but I have been looking at both of those brands, slightly smaller. I think the 5835r is bigger than the MT3 57. The 5520r would be closer in size, iirc. I'm about to turn in, but I'll check my spreadsheet in the morning.

/ LS mt357 #3  
I am at almost 200 hours on my LS and it has done things I could not be leave to help me on my farm. I have had only 1 small problem and it was the seat frame and my dealer took care of it ASAP!

Your LS dealer is closer and that is something very important to think about also.

I would go with the LS! Have a super day.

/ LS mt357 #4  
The MT3 57, is about 60 pounds heavier than the 5520r. The 5835r is about 430 pounds heavier than the LS...it is closer in size to the MT4 58.

If you are comparing models and prices, the MT3 should be cheaper than the 5835r, as it is smaller. Apples to apples would be the MT4 and 35 series or the MT3 and the 20 series. The only caveat to that is if you really need a Cat II 3pt, you have to go up to the 35 series Branson, but the MT3 57 has it.

I think either one will do well for you. Any feel for the dealerships? I have a similar situation with the Branson dealer 90 miles away, but LS is only 56. So far, I like the Branson dealer better (one of, if not the biggest in US). Good luck in your decision.

/ LS mt357
The MT3 57, is about 60 pounds heavier than the 5520r. The 5835r is about 430 pounds heavier than the LS...it is closer in size to the MT4 58.

If you are comparing models and prices, the MT3 should be cheaper than the 5835r, as it is smaller. Apples to apples would be the MT4 and 35 series or the MT3 and the 20 series. The only caveat to that is if you really need a Cat II 3pt, you have to go up to the 35 series Branson, but the MT3 57 has it.

I think either one will do well for you. Any feel for the dealerships? I have a similar situation with the Branson dealer 90 miles away, but LS is only 56. So far, I like the Branson dealer better (one of, if not the biggest in US). Good luck in your decision.
The pricing is within a few hundred dollars. The Branson dealer is tractor and implement dealer first, the LS dealer is a forklift first dealer with 5 or 6 locations, each of which sell LS tractors. The dealer closest to me has 12 to 15 new units and around 60 out on rental, they have been selling LS for 8 years . Both dealers seem to be trustworthy and very forthcoming with information and answers to questions. I guess it will come down to how far I am willing to travel in case of a warranty issue, the Branson dealer has indicated he would not be inclined to include pick up and delivery. I really like the Branson for its simplicity and the LS for its proximity.

/ LS mt357 #7  
Have you managed to sit on both tractors and get a feel for it? All the controls location, etc? See what suits you better.

/ LS mt357 #8  
I did the same comparison of tractors (MT357 vs 5520) in 2021 with the Branson dealer being the closest one. He was unable to get any tractors throughout the year for me to drive so I moved on and started looking at the MT3. If you are looking at a cab version the MT3 definitely has more bells and whistles than the Branson so if you're more interested in simplicity, the Branson is the way to go. Sounds like the price you were quoted was for the open station version. One other thing to consider is that LS builds tractors for New Holland in that size and have found the cost and availability of parts is better at the New Holland dealer (they are also much closer to me in distance). Other than the loader the NH Boomer 55 and LS MT3 357 are basically the same tractor.

/ LS mt357
Minor up date, going to look at a 2013 Branson 5220C tomorrow. Add states it has 35 hrs. and lived indoors its entire life. Either a barn find or bs,it remains to be seen. I assume there would be no dpf on this tractor., if someone could confirm that it would be appreciated.

/ LS mt357 #10  
Minor up date, going to look at a 2013 Branson 5220C tomorrow. Add states it has 35 hrs. and lived indoors its entire life. Either a barn find or bs,it remains to be seen. I assume there would be no dpf on this tractor., if someone could confirm that it would be appreciated.
Even if it does have one, it's very easy to "fix" on those early models up to 2020 only if it actually becomes an issue. Post 2020, it's still doable but they integrate some of the dashboard wiring into the DPF data logger so it may take a little bit more work if you don't like to see the light flashing every time.