LS MT225S with 5 foot tiller impressive results

/ LS MT225S with 5 foot tiller impressive results #1  

rodneyn

Gold Member
Started new thread on MT225S regarding tillers - I was skeptical of running 60” tiller on the tractor. After 8 hours of tilling yard in for my son. I was impressed the tractor powered the tiller better than my previous kioti LK 3054. tractor lifted tiller with ease and had more than enough pto power to allow it dig 3 - 4”deep on yard. In the garden I went over 5” deep no issues for performance or temperature. Again I was impressed. The only issue I had was reinstalling mmm it took two of us to get pto on the splines. 1000 rpm spines are too small. Everything has to be lined up perfectly. Would have like to see it keyed like previous TC26DA New Holland.

/ LS MT225S with 5 foot tiller impressive results #2  
Yeah, at first I thought my dealer was exaggerating a bit when he said he had several guys move to this tractor who had experience on other brands and every one was surprised how much more capable this tractor was. I have since talked to several people and read stories like yourself that backed up what he said. Mine should be delivered next week and I expect to be similarly pleased.

/ LS MT225S with 5 foot tiller impressive results
Yeah, at first I thought my dealer was exaggerating a bit when he said he had several guys move to this tractor who had experience on other brands and every one was surprised how much more capable this tractor was. I have since talked to several people and read stories like yourself that backed up what he said. Mine should be delivered next week and I expect to be similarly pleased.
Congrats on purchase. If not running mmm would suggest rear wheel spacers. I chose not to fill tires since I have a mmm under unit it does not leave tire impressions in grass. The unit mows the grass exceptionally well for 60” deck. It’s a very functional tractor for 25 hp seems more like 30 hp unit.

/ LS MT225S with 5 foot tiller impressive results #4  
Congrats on purchase. If not running mmm would suggest rear wheel spacers. I chose not to fill tires since I have a mmm under unit it does not leave tire impressions in grass. The unit mows the grass exceptionally well for 60” deck. It’s a very functional tractor for 25 hp seems more like 30 hp unit.
I don't have MMM, but why does that impact wheel spacers? I'd eventually like to get that for finishing but I don't have any grass I need to finish mow just yet or anytime soon.

/ LS MT225S with 5 foot tiller impressive results #5  
I don't have MMM, but why does that impact wheel spacers? I'd eventually like to get that for finishing but I don't have any grass I need to finish mow just yet or anytime soon.
With spacers on the rear tires, it pushes them out far enough that they will hit on the guide wheels on the deck.

/ LS MT225S with 5 foot tiller impressive results #6  
With spacers on the rear tires, it pushes them out far enough that they will hit on the guide wheels on the deck.
Ah, gotcha. I remember seeing a thread somewhere that commented on spacers for the 225S, I'll have to look into it.

/ LS MT225S with 5 foot tiller impressive results #7  
Abbreviations are great sometimes but I have no idea what mmm is supposed to mean. Maybe it’s more and more money ?

/ LS MT225S with 5 foot tiller impressive results #9  
I
I traded in a 2016 Branson 2400 with FEL on mine....and a pristeen 1963 Ford 2000 diesel. The 2400 was manual shift and hard for this big guy to get in and out...and like all little guys with the rear tires built for a tank, had to modify the seat springing for a soft ride.

This is my first hydro tractor and any more I buy will be hydros. All my lawn mowers are hydros but never visioned a tractor hydro. This one doesn't have the hydro squeal.