Grading LS MT225S W/4 FT Box Blade

/ LS MT225S W/4 FT Box Blade #21  
   / LS MT225S W/4 FT Box Blade #22  
Starting new thread for MT225S on owning and using. Just purchased 4 ft Rural King box blade use behind tractor. Found tractor handled box blade well. Now need hydraulic third link for faster adjustment on the fly. No issues with tractor with full box of gravel handles it quite well With no fluid in tires. Did have to use 4wd. No wheel slip experienced with rippers fully buried in the driveway tilted third link forward driving rippers deep in the driveway. Finish it with reversing third link tilting box blade backwards smoothing out what I had ripped up. No issues with temperature even with heat high humidity Yanmar motor ran cool tractor Transmission ran cool.
I would not recommend fluid filling the 16.5" rear tires. Reason is there isn't a large sealing surface between the tire and wheel (like would be on a 16" OTR wheel) and especially at lower air pressures, one uses for a softer ride you are just asking for the wheel to separate from the rim. If you want weight, add wheel weights, or have something on the 3 pt for counterweight.

/ LS MT225S W/4 FT Box Blade #23  
I have the same feelings on mine....however I found it to be a small issue over the ret of the great performance I am getting. Only other issue is the tipsiness of the tractor. But I live in the mountains...so nowhere is flat...just have to be careful.
I built 4" extensions for my rears which does make a difference but still fits inside the 60" mower dimensions.

Just a side note: My engine is rated 25 hp at 2600 RPM. Assume the torque curve is relatively flat and since HP is (torque X RPM)/5252, and my pump is computer set to 2930 at WOT, my little baby is putting out 31 ponies. Wink. That plus the amenities and size of this little sucker with FEL makes it all around a super buy at $15,500, Ag. tax exempted, 200 mile delivery free, took 2 tractors in trade. Whadddddddda deal.

Last edited:
   / LS MT225S W/4 FT Box Blade #25  
Aluminum would be fine for your tractor. They have their aluminum spacers on bigger tractors than yours. Steel is a little more money but they would work as well.

/ LS MT225S W/4 FT Box Blade #26  
Do any of y'all have a 5 ft box blade for the MT2 25s? It's what my dealer is recommending based on the weight of the tractor and what he's getting for his when he buys one soon himself.

Not worried as he said I could trade it in for like full refund on 4 footer if it really doesn't work, but I'm curious of y'all's opinions. He said this tractor is a lot heavier than it lists on paper, was wondering if anyone has tried a 5 footer.

/ LS MT225S W/4 FT Box Blade #27  
My neighbor used a 5' on his 225-S.... worked very good. I have a 5' for my 225E---- it could easily handle a 6'. I wish I got the 6 footer....

/ LS MT225S W/4 FT Box Blade #28  
Aluminum would be fine for your tractor. They have their aluminum spacers on bigger tractors than yours. Steel is a little more money but they would work as well.
Going to order this week....REALLY appreciate your input guys.

/ LS MT225S W/4 FT Box Blade #29  
I would not recommend fluid filling the 16.5" rear tires. Reason is there isn't a large sealing surface between the tire and wheel (like would be on a 16" OTR wheel) and especially at lower air pressures, one uses for a softer ride you are just asking for the wheel to separate from the rim. If you want weight, add wheel weights, or have something on the 3 pt for counterweight.
I have been running water in my rear tires 75 % for a few months now and it made a big difference. It helped with traction on slopes & hills and a lot more stable with big loads.

/ LS MT225S W/4 FT Box Blade #30  
Got my tractor and 5 foot box blade today. Only had about an hour to work with it but with all 5 shanks lowered the only time I had a problem was when it got caught on a root. I was smoothing out path dozer cleared trees from about a year ago, still a lot of roots leftover from that.

Overall I was very impressed and roots like that wouldn't have mattered if I had a 4 footer or only one shank lowered, when it got caught it got caught.

Attachments

• PXL_20210617_222056932.jpg
    PXL_20210617_222056932.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 148