LS MT225S plowing options

/ LS MT225S plowing options #1  

Tgrantz

Tractor
LS MT225S
The bucket doesn't work well on steep incline driveway, and LS doesn't offer any plowing or snow blowing options that can attach to my size tractor. Looking for reliable information, as every dealer seams to have different or no information on what will work with my buggy.

/ LS MT225S plowing options #2  
Can you elaborate on why the bucket doesn't work well, are talking just for snow?

/ LS MT225S plowing options #3  
Where do you live, how much snow do you get ?
Lots of other brand snowblowers besides LS.
Is your tractor equipped with a front PTO for running a front mount snowblower ?
Maybe a rear mount blower would be a better choice then you wouldn’t have to remove the loader.

/ LS MT225S plowing options #4  
Your front plow options will more limited without an ssqa mount up front. Rear options are numerous.
If I were plowing with that machine I would consider getting Edge Tamers on the bucket, and adding a 5-6' 3 point rear blade or a rear blower that covers the tire width.

/ LS MT225S plowing options #5  
I maintain my mile long gravel driveway with a HEAVY Rhino rear blade. Driveway still not frozen up - rock hard. Reverse the blade 180 degrees when plowing snow. A reversed blade causes little damage to a soft driveway and still removes the snow.

/ LS MT225S plowing options
Can you elaborate on why the bucket doesn't work well, are talking just for snow?
Yes, specifically for snow. I would love to be able to get a blade/plow that runs off of hydraulics for the front of the tractor, preferably quick attach. A secondary option would be to have a rotating brush, snow removal device, also quick attach if possible.

/ LS MT225S plowing options #7  
The bucket doesn't work well on steep incline driveway.

Consider a SNOW EDGE or EDGE TAMERS.

A second option would be a rotating brush.

Your tractor does not have half enough hydraulic pump capacity to operate a hydraulically operated front brush. Your tractor may or may not have enough PTO power to operate a rear PTO powered brush.

19.3 PTO horsepower will not throw snow far.

LS MT225​

LS MT225S Power
Engine (gross)24.7 hp
18.4 kW
PTO (claimed)19.3 hp
14.4 kW
Hydraulics
Pump flow5.6 gpm
21.2 lpm
Steering flow3.7 gpm
14.0 lpm

Last edited: