LS motor for MT230/235/240

/ LS motor for MT230/235/240 #1  

Lunchbag

Tractor
Yanmar SA324
Can anyone give me an idea how the LS L3C19 motor (on the MT230, 235, and 240) compares with the Yanmar and Mitsubishi motors in reliability and reputation. Thank you, I only realized today that LS makes their own motor for these tractors, and for many of the larger ones.

Also, how do they get 3 different horsepower ratings for the same motor and displacement?

/ LS motor for MT230/235/240 #3  
Can anyone give me an idea how the LS L3C19 motor (on the MT230, 235, and 240) compares with the Yanmar and Mitsubishi motors in reliability and reputation. Thank you, I only realized today that LS makes their own motor for these tractors, and for many of the larger ones.

Also, how do they get 3 different horsepower ratings for the same motor and displacement?
L3C19 is base motor for 35-55 hp LS tractors same displacement difference is how motor is tuned for HP. I have 35 hp I have tasked it many ways with turbo the unit is rather robust. I have shuttle shift over hydrostatic. No dis appointment now have 135 hours. My unit is equipped with TLB it has done everything I have asked of it for our farm projects. I ordered unit cab it has been nice to sit in cool air while my son is using the TLB. These hot days I never break a sweat.

/ LS motor for MT230/235/240 #4  
How aggravating is the backhoe on a cab machine?

/ LS motor for MT230/235/240 #5  
How aggravating is the backhoe on a cab machine?
Not one bit separated nicely - now I cannot open up rear window fully bit it will open partially.

/ LS motor for MT230/235/240 #6  

If my understanding is correct, the LS engine is a built under license mitsubishi engine. I know a lot of the older ls machines had Mitsubishi branded engines in them. I know my mt240 has the engine in question and am more than thrilled with it. All the electronics are Delphi which is good in my opinion because when the need arises, you may be able to get the part local under the Delphi number. Still too new in my opinion to say it is a rock solid engine but I'm pretty sure with good maintenance habits it will be.

And as others have said, computer tuning will get you the different HP numbers. With diesels the more fuel and fuel advance you give them, the more torque the can produce. More boost with the more fuel makes them come alive.