LS Model 3110 28hp: good value?

/ LS Model 3110 28hp: good value? #1  

jccndakota

Tractor
1954 John Deere 40, 1958 John Deere 520, 2018 John Deere 5075E
A friend wants me to look at a 300 hr. 2011 LS model 3110 28 hp with him. I had not heard of the brand. He has a short driveway to maintain and wants to put in a large garden. Can anyone provide experience or feedback on the brand before I go with him?

Thanks, JC

/ LS Model 3110 28hp: good value? #2  
Did you mean an LS S3010. If so, that has a Mitsubishi 4 cyl diesel Pre emissions. With only 300 hrs. I think it would be a desirable tractor. Ask the seller if he has kept any service records.
LS has been building tractors for many years. Mainly for other companies before starting their own brand. I have a 2014 LS XR3037HC and have been very happy.

/ LS Model 3110 28hp: good value? #3  
LS is a well known South Korean brand. Many of their tractors are sold under the New Holland label though I believe some Case models are LS as well. If the price is right the tractor should be a fantastic addition for your friend.

/ LS Model 3110 28hp: good value? #4  
As mentioned, they're the OEM for New Holland and Case IH compacts, and has been for a decade or so; they also built machines for Montana and Farmtrac. LS entered the U.S. market under their own name in 2003.

/ LS Model 3110 28hp: good value? #5  
Did you mean an LS S3010. If so, that has a Mitsubishi 4 cyl diesel Pre emissions. With only 300 hrs. I think it would be a desirable tractor. Ask the seller if he has kept any service records.
LS has been building tractors for many years. Mainly for other companies before starting their own brand. I have a 2014 LS XR3037HC and have been very happy.

If this is the machine, it was in production for a long time, and that series still has decedents in production. I would imagine so long as there is a nearby LS (or, depending on the model, New Holland) dealer that parts would still be well available. Not all LS models have an equivalent NH, but when they do the parts are interchangeable- differing by a letter or two in the part numbers. If I remember right...

/ LS Model 3110 28hp: good value? #6  
If this is the machine, it was in production for a long time, and that series still has decedents in production. I would imagine so long as there is a nearby LS (or, depending on the model, New Holland) dealer that parts would still be well available. Not all LS models have an equivalent NH, but when they do the parts are interchangeable- differing by a letter or two in the part numbers. If I remember right...
I'm not sure on the machine. The OP hasn't replied back to confirm the model but I couldn't find a 3110 by LS. It is possible it could be a foreign model. If so then I'd be leery of buying it for parts availability.

/ LS Model 3110 28hp: good value? #7  
I'm not sure on the machine. The OP hasn't replied back to confirm the model but I couldn't find a 3110 by LS. It is possible it could be a foreign model. If so then I'd be leery of buying it for parts availability.

You make a good point; I guess I didn't even process the S in my head; it just looks like a GX and those were everywhere. I'm not much help, not with LS!

/ LS Model 3110 28hp: good value? #8  
My friend has a larger one bought new 10 yrs ago. No issues but he did replace front wheel bearings early on.

/ LS Model 3110 28hp: good value? #9  
I have a New Holland Boomer 30 with hydro trans, which I think is very similar to the S3010. The LS made boomer has the Mitsubishi S4L 28hp engine.

IMO it’s a well built, heavy CUT. Ive put 1100 hours on mine. Most of the hours with a tiller, brush hog, 8” chipper, and box blade.

Only mechanical issue I’ve had is the front axels seals leaked and I had to replace them (one under warranty, one I did myself). And the hydro pedal linkage broke this winter. Easy fix replacing the assembly.

I’m happy enough with it, that I kept it when I upgraded to a bigger 47hp tractor, one frame size up. I like that the S4L is pre-emissions.