Comparison LS Ground Clearance

/ LS Ground Clearance #1  

Torvy

Tractor
TYM T574H
Not sure why, but LS seems to avoid any mention of ground clearance in their tractor data. I found an old thread here where some owners measured some, but that was at least 7 years ago...no current models.

Are there any independent sources of that type of info? Is the clearance on them so low they don't want it out there? Does anyone with a current LS feel like measuring and sharing? I guess I could go to dealerships and measure.

/ LS Ground Clearance #2  
I don't think every brand does list ground clearance because it varies from bare tractors, tractors with loaders and tractors with backhoes. I just checked one tractor on the Deere website and that did not show ground clearance either.

The owners manual does show bare tractor ground clearance dimension. Suggest you surf over to RCO Tractor website. They have most of the LS Tractor owners manuals posted for download and look up the tractor you are interested in.

/ LS Ground Clearance
Thanks. I have pulled data from the websites of Branson, TYM, LS, Kioti, Case, NH, Zetor, Bobcat, JD, Kubota, and Massey. The only ones I cannot find are LS and the Case/NH clones of LS.

I'll check RCO, they are not close to me but are roughly between our current house and our land. I could reasonably stop by there in the next couple of weeks.

/ LS Ground Clearance #4  
Ground clearance is definitely something to consider when shopping for a tractor. I might have bought a smaller tractor but definitely didn’t like the low ground clearance issues, I wound up buying a LS XR4155 and also had a custom built skid plate installed, there’s to much rather delicate expensive stuff under there that needs protection, especially if you intend to use it in the woods.

/ LS Ground Clearance
Ground clearance is definitely something to consider when shopping for a tractor. I might have bought a smaller tractor but definitely didn’t like the low ground clearance issues, I wound up buying a LS XR4155 and also had a custom built skid plate installed, there’s to much rather delicate expensive stuff under there that needs protection, especially if you intend to use it in the woods.
Thanks, I do! My property is 90% forest.

/ LS Ground Clearance #6  
Thanks. I have pulled data from the websites of Branson, TYM, LS, Kioti, Case, NH, Zetor, Bobcat, JD, Kubota, and Massey. The only ones I cannot find are LS and the Case/NH clones of LS.

I'll check RCO, they are not close to me but are roughly between our current house and our land. I could reasonably stop by there in the next couple of weeks.
Be aware that most of the manufacturers dimensions are not necessarily correct. JD, and others, used to list front axle clearance but the rear was actually lower.

Rear drawbar, mid-pto, and loader support frames are usually the lowest point on most compact tractors. 2 of those 3 are optional equipment for most and wouldn't be listed.

So unless you know where they measured your research may be skewed. Go kick tires and take a tape measure with you.

/ LS Ground Clearance #7  
Just curious what you are doing where ground clearance is an issue. I didn't even consider it when I purchased any tractor for my uses. Given a choice for my usage, if money wasn't an object, I would have bought skid steer and they have a ground clearance lower than any of the tractors I have owned.

Might just be me, so curious to learn. If you want happy to measure anything under my MT352

/ LS Ground Clearance #8  
The ground is very low by me so no clearance issues. Seriously, the larger rear tires on the XJ were a factor due to working in creek flats, so I see where you are coming from.

/ LS Ground Clearance #9  
lowest point of my MT240 is 11.25"