LS ECU

/ LS ECU #1  

beer_hunter

Tractor
LS XR4040
I just found out I'll need to replace the ECU on my XR4040. (420 hours) Has anyone else had to replace theirs? Has anyone had to replace it twice? At $3k, I don't feel like running into this problem every 3 years.
Secondly, is there any value to keeping the core/old unit and sending it out to be refurbished/reprogrammed? I've found this company among others that offers repairs, but I'm in over my head with this type of repair.
Any info/advice is appreciated. Wondering if this is a fluke or if it could have been prevented. Thanks!

/ LS ECU #3  
Looks like they do work on New Holland. Might be worth a call and ask if they can repair your ECU. If they can't, you're only out a phone call.
They maybe an opportunity for all with tier 4 ECM, possibly ability to improve performance if they can modify software. Changing 4 hour burn off cycle to 15 hour window or more. You’re right if you own a core it would be worth the expense to see what they can do for it, regarding repair. Thanks for sharing the site.

/ LS ECU #6  
Crazy high ECU prices that’s for sure ! Hopefully ECU prices will start getting lowered and it will never fail again
I am anxious to hear the results once it’s fixed

/ LS ECU #7  
That's not encouraging about your ecu beer_hunter. I do believe that's the first I have learned of going gunny bag though.

It should not be that difficult, one would think, to refurbish an LS ecu. But, different things being 'locked under patent' might make it challenging.

The good part of this is LS is a base machine for NH and case/IH tractors in that hp range. So it may not be so hard to get a refurbished ecu.... Hopefully

/ LS ECU #8  
YES! differently give them a call find
out the price of repair and if they can
reprogram the regen so it don't go
on so often like 50 hours or more
I wonder if the censors have something
to do with the regen going off so often

willy

/ LS ECU #9  
YES! differently give them a call find
out the price of repair and if they can
reprogram the regen so it don't go
on so often like 50 hours or more
I wonder if the censors have something
to do with the regen going off so often

willy
Based on tier 4 system earlier versions it was time based element to do regen. 4 hour cycle. Later models was more dependent on sensors or to reach the 50 hour regen. Not sure why EPA felt ag equipment needed tier 4 not like we run tractor every moment of the day. Would thought industrial equipment would have been the focus. Difficult to understand why the start level had to be 30 hp. Makes more sense on larger displacement motors that generate more particulate.

/ LS ECU #10  
The Deutz 5080D don't have regen I
don't believe they have any pollution
control and its 75/80 hp

“No Maintenance” emissions: EPA compliant without SCR technology and without a diesel particulate filter (DPF)

comes with all 4 wheels with brakes

willy