Lowes customer bitten by rattlesnake.

/ Lowes customer bitten by rattlesnake. #1  

Tractors4u

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4310, Kubota L355, John Deere SST18 Spin Steer, 2006 Polaris Ranger
I have heard the urban legends of stories like this, but this one appears to be true.

Rattlesnake Story

/ Lowes customer bitten by rattlesnake. #2  
A relative KILLED the snake. I hope this doesn't encite another ranting thread like that Prarie Dog one. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Lowes customer bitten by rattlesnake. #3  
I remember back in the 50's a RELATIVE of mine had bees living in her beehive hairdo!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Lowes customer bitten by rattlesnake. #4  
When we were in Fallon, Nevada a few weeks back visiting my new grandaughter (oh yeah, my son and daughter-in-law too! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif), I took a load of trash to the local landfill. As I drove in, I was reading the various signs that were posted so that I would make sure I knew where to go. After all of the standard signs that you would expect, the last sign I came to said "Watch out For rattlesnakes!" /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I stopped at the weight house and asked the attendant if there was a really bad problem with snakes (I HATE snakes!). He said that it hadn't been too bad this year. They'd only found 4 so far! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif He went on to say that I should just be careful and not step on top of any little mounds of trash (in a landfill? Noooooo!).

So I drove down to the dump area and parked W A Y far away from any little mounds . Then I took the trash, and heaved it as far as I could toward the pile. Luckily, the attendant's shack wasn't visible from where I was, so he didn't notice that my trash was about 50 yards from the closest little mounds ! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Did I mention that I HATE SNAKES!! ?

/ Lowes customer bitten by rattlesnake. #5  
Garry, if you'd had Fun Buggy, you could have driven over the little mounds and gotten closer!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Lowes customer bitten by rattlesnake. #6  
I don't know. FunBuggy is a bit of a wimp at times. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Seems she (doesn't have a mid pto /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif) gets real cantankerous when I take her out into the rough. She has a bad habit of picking up things that are not condusive to smooth operation - like twigs in brake linkages. With my luck, the snake would strike at the tire, the tire would go flat, and then the snake would just lay there - W A I T I N G for me! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Lowes customer bitten by rattlesnake. #7  
I have a neighbor with a "fun buggy" . She uses it for feeding cows and such. Tears all of the wires out from under it and such damage as that. Every few weeks it is broke again and she wants me to fix it for her. This is the last time I am fixing it for her and am telling her to get something appropriate for the useage. I must have spent 40 hours working on that POS for her in the last year.
It is not a question of her affording an ATV, she owns a grocery store. Just getting a bit tired of being taken advantage of....

/ Lowes customer bitten by rattlesnake. #8  
I guess I don't think I'd call that one a Fun Buggy! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Next time she wants you to work on it, just wait until she's watching. Then when you know she's watching, give it it's Last Rites. Then pull out your 12 gauge and tell her you're going to put it out of it's misery! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

She probably won't let you anywhere near it again. Or else she'll get the message and get something more appropriate. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Lowes customer bitten by rattlesnake. #9  
Golfgar4, don't hate snakes, snake rock, and eat mice.
Attached is our wild pet snake on the porch rocker. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Attachments

• 409568-snakerocks.jpg
    409568-snakerocks.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 176
   / Lowes customer bitten by rattlesnake. #10  
And if that thing was on my porch rocker, we'd see how many mice were in his "belly" after a few mins with the sharp end of a shovel too....... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Shoot, I catch mice in a baggie slid over my hand if I can corner it, and then dispose of it. So I'd have no need for THAT thing.