low beam headlights

/ low beam headlights #1  

lman

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland 3040, New Holland 1530, Oliver 1850
I recently purchased a 3040. The low beam selection on the rotating light switch does not activate the headlights. The instrument panel is illuminated, but no headlights. The high beam is working. Has anyone else had this problem.

/ low beam headlights #2  
:welcome: to TBN.:thumbsup: To my knowledge, the lights only have one filament and one level of brightness. The low position on the switch is probably there just to give you the option of turning on your instrument lights. Does it do anything with the rear work/marking lights? What does your owner's manual say?

/ low beam headlights #3  
I never knew of a tractor with both high and low beam headlights, although I assume such could exist. I know my Kubotas didn't have such.

/ low beam headlights #4  
My parents' Kubota L2550 has low/high light switch. Tractor is 20 years old now.
Mike

/ low beam headlights
The manual does show low beam. The selections are 1. off 2. Instrument panel only 3. Road lights(low beam) 4. Road lights(high beam) I called the dealer and will have them take care of it if I can't figure it out.

/ low beam headlights #6  
My 1985 Ford 1510 has high and low beams. Of course, the lights are next to useless, as they are fender mounted and the FEL mounts almost completely block off all the forward light. :mur:

I'm going to buy a set of lights to mount on my winter cab to help address the problem. :thumbsup: I just haven't decided whether to buy headlights or worl lights. :confused: I'm thinking headlights would be best, as they'd shine out a little farther, and the fender lights still light up the sides pretty well.

Joe

/ low beam headlights
After testing, I have determined that the switch is bad.

/ low beam headlights #8  
Iman,
I had the same problem about a month ago. The dealer in my area fixed it right up.

Also, a word of warning, there are (2) large "weatherproof" electrical connectors on the left side of the engine, rear of the exhaust. One of these passes the power (has mostly orange wires in it), the other passes control signals (has mostly blue wires in it).

I began having very erratic electrical issues (strange codes on the instrument panel, parking brake would trun on left turn signal, engine would cut out for no reason, ...) I began tracing wires and found that the connector with the blue wires, was full of water. They are mounted vertical, and it looks like water was running into the connector, along the wires from the top, but was then trapped inside. I researched the connectors that are made by Deutsch Connectors, and found that they should be mounted horizontal, according to the manufacturer. I called the dealer and they relocated both connectors, under the cab and mounted them horizontal as well. I have had no issues since.

HTH.

/ low beam headlights #9  
hmm.. makes me wanna check my 7610s...

/ low beam headlights #10  
On my L rotate switch for low/high but not sure if each setting has fuse..maybe your model has???