Lots of wildlife..?

/ Lots of wildlife..? #1  

D7E

Veteran Member
Tractor
Versatile 895 Versatile 876 Ford TW20 Ford TW5 MF 3505 FWA MF 390 FWA Ford 7600 Fiat 766 FWA JD 2030 MF 165 MF 35 Fordson major x 3 CAT 416 b Backhoe Case 580 b backhoe MF
For 2 years we've been saying that there are no bears around but this fall have made up for it....They're everywhere.
I pushed 2 out of the wheat last night combining and they just stood upright on the headland and watched us in the headlights.
It's been quite a fall for wildlife , I've never seen so many wolves/coyotes/foxes ,Hit numerous skunks with mowers and combines ...even had my first ever raccoon in the yard.
Myself and a few of our men are sure we saw a wolverine one night around the old dead windrows where we are bush clearing....How likeley is this in manitoba...?

/ Lots of wildlife..? #2  
Skunks in your grain head? EEEEWH!

I've had the pleasure of digging out and cutting off grass that was wound up on corn head snapping rolls, but skunks, that can't be pretty.

Dave.

/ Lots of wildlife..? #3  
If you are north of the interlake it could be a wolverine -- south of that it is more likely a badger- would not suggest trying to corner either one:p