Loss of power. Half filled fuel filter

/ Loss of power. Half filled fuel filter #41  
That looks like it'll do the trick..
Any ideas on how your going to get the debris out of the tank??
If its to hard to reach or to small to get to w/ some "mechanics fingers"..
.. google> suck bucket & go to the Heavy Equipment forum for instructions. It REALLY works..

/ Loss of power. Half filled fuel filter
That looks like it'll do the trick..
Any ideas on how your going to get the debris out of the tank??
If its to hard to reach or to small to get to w/ some "mechanics fingers"..
.. google> suck bucket & go to the Heavy Equipment forum for instructions. It REALLY works..

That suck bucket is like a mini shop dust collector.
I have a claw pick-up tool to use if needed.

/ Loss of power. Half filled fuel filter #43  
I ended up ordering this one from Amazon.

Dave i have the same endoscope... works really good! Probably the best $20 bucks i`ve spent lately!
You`ll have to go to the google playstore and download the "camarafi app" to make it work on your phone though.
Hopefully you have a samsung phone S5 or higher. I use my S9+ phone with my endoscope, unbelievable picture, super crisp and super clear!!!

This one is pretty decent
CameraFi - USB Camera / Webcam - Apps on Google Play

EDIT:
I didnt realize you had already gotten your endoscope... sorry :(

/ Loss of power. Half filled fuel filter
I think I may have found and fixed the problem. :dance1:I put the scope in the tank and there was some sort of cylinder where I thought the outlet should be. I couldn't quite make out what it was. I blew some air into the outlet hose and something rattled in the tank. I looked again, this time with a flashlight on a stick, and the cylinder had moved. Of course, I couldn't find my mechanical gripper so I fashioned a piece of bent wire onto a stick and fished it out. It looks to be the broken top off one of those auto shutoff gas cans. I have a new lift pump and fuel line on the shelf if needed in the future.

This is what I fished out of the tank. It was sitting right on top of the outlet.
20181125_115131.jpg
Light on stick
20181125_120130.jpg
Unobstructed opening
181125_115620.jpg
Just in time! The forecast is 5-12 inches of snow Monday to Wednesday.

/ Loss of power. Half filled fuel filter #45  
Buy the workshop manual (unless your tractor is worth less than the cost of the manual).

/ Loss of power. Half filled fuel filter #46  
Yep......whole lot more common than one would think, and leads folks to going down all sorts of paths that have nothing to do with the problem.

First time it happened to me, tractor was still under warranty, and dealer was convinced it was a fuel solenoid shutting off.....replaced it twice and was going to replace it a third time (what are the odds of 3 bad solenoids ??) when it shut down on them in the shop running and the mechanic happened to notice the plastic fuel bowl was actually caving inward from the main pump trying to suck fuel.

You're lucky you noticed the half full filter bowl....because that is a key indication you have a tank obstruction. My bowl is back under the right fender, not easy to see if you aren't looking. You can see the bowl in this photo just to the left of the lift arm, top of photo.

enhance

The one on previous NH was located on the side of the engine, easy to see if it had air in it.

THIS is what every fuel tank should have instead of just an outlet in the bottom of the tank...and mine does now.

59.jpg

Last edited:
   / Loss of power. Half filled fuel filter #47  
Yep......whole lot more common than one would think, and leads folks to going down all sorts of paths that have nothing to do with the problem.

First time it happened to me, tractor was still under warranty, and dealer was convinced it was a fuel solenoid shutting off.....replaced it twice and was going to replace it a third time (what are the odds of 3 bad solenoids ??) when it shut down on them in the shop running and the mechanic happened to notice the plastic fuel bowl was actually caving inward from the main pump trying to suck fuel.

THIS is what every fuel tank should have instead of just an outlet in the bottom of the tank...and mine does now.

59.jpg

Where do you get those screens?

/ Loss of power. Half filled fuel filter #48  
Where do you get those screens?

Just one screen....photo just shows it standing and laying.

After scouring the net looking for something, found this one at a small aircraft supply:

FINGER STRAINERS from Aircraft Spruce

I got the 3/8" OD x 1/4"ID version because the fuel outlet on my tank was around 1/4". Then bought (local) a brass barbed x 1/4" MPT to screw up in the screen. To mount the screen in my tank, I cut off the original plastic nipple, drilled a hole with a 5/16" bit in the plastic, and forced the screen to cut new threads using an "O" ring to seal the connection. Screwed the brass barbed fitting up into the screen and connected the fuel hose to the barbed end with clamp. Been that way for 4-5 years now, no more problems.

/ Loss of power. Half filled fuel filter #49  
A LOT/most of the Ford tractors came w/ them "standard".. but I don't know what size they are.. Check w/ a Ford tractor dealer.
This problem was diagnosed in Post #2.. 3 months ago.. Lol.. Very glad u got it solved..