loss of family pet.

/ loss of family pet. #1  

LBrown59

Super Star Member
First organized permanent settlement in the northw
Tractor
2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500
My wife and I have had a gray and white female cat for around 20 years. I can remember the day she came up the sidewalk at home and laid down on her side for some friendly petting. I commented to my wife that she would make someone a real nice pet.

How little did I know how true that statement would come to be.

Today came the sad time that I had to use the backhoe to bury her.
It was hard because in that 20 years she created many great memories for us.
She was a very smart lovable very petite little creature.
Thought everything out before she did any thing.
I told my wife years ago when we first got her that the day we lose her would be a sad day.
It doesn't seem like today was that day already.
BYE BYE SUGAR BABE.

/ loss of family pet. #2  
Sorry to hear about your loss. When we moved here nearly 6 years ago, the next door neighbors had a big old fluffy black and white cat named Oreo. Any time they went out of town, I took care of Oreo. A couple of years ago, they moved to a bigger house a few miles from here, but I still took care of Oreo when they were gone until they got acquainted with a neighbor in the new neighborhood who does that. But yesterday they called to tell us the vet had to put Oreo down. And I know they and their small children really miss her.

/ loss of family pet. #3  
It was this time last year that I had to put down my 14 year old chocolate lab Dusty. I still miss him every day. I can't get interested in looking for another dog yet, one will come along. I am sorry for your loss, it's amazing how big a part an animal can be in your life.

/ loss of family pet. #4  
WOW, 20 years, that is a long time. Sad day indeed.

It is amazing how a good pet can become one of the family.

/ loss of family pet. #5  
Also I am sad to hear of your loss. In March this year I had to burry my old pal and companion for 14 years (Rocco a shepard hond mix).
There still is a huge hole in my heart and I do not expect it to heal any time soon

/ loss of family pet. #6  
Sorry for your loss _LB_, this was a very long lived feline and I bet she brought much joy to your family in all the many years, I know she will be missed,
Sadly as I must say I know the feeling,

Last edited:
   / loss of family pet. #7  
Sorry your cat passed on LB. When we have lost pets, I still expect to see them in their usual places in the house. It takes a while to adjust.
Dave.

/ loss of family pet. #8  
very sorry to hear about that.

I lost a cat a few years ago.. had had it thru 2 marriages... was like loosing a familly member...

soundguy

/ loss of family pet. #9  
Sorry to hear about your loss. Loosing a close pet really hurts.

/ loss of family pet. #10  
I'm sorry to hear this ... nothing more soothing than a good cat. My 11 yr old gray and white goes in for surgery Monday ... I'm sure she will be okay.