Oil & Fuel Lose of power after 30 min

/ Lose of power after 30 min #1  

peetersti

Tractor
New Holland TZ24D
I own a TZ24D after 30 min of work it starts to lose power and sometimes stalls out or regains power. If it stalls out it sometimes will restart right away or if you wait 2 min it starts back up and will run for another 5 min or so. I have checked to fuel gap and it has been loosened and still does the same thing. possible filters?? they are not that old

/ Lose of power after 30 min #2  
Sounds like you may have some water in the fuel that is periodically getting sucked into the engine.

/ Lose of power after 30 min #3  
Filters might be plugged up from stuff in the gas tank. Blow out the fuel lines and replace the filters. Is there a filter in the fuel pump? Sometimes there is a screen in there that gets plugged up. Is the muffler free of debris and not plugged up? How good is your fuel pump? I've had all these problems over the years and each of them led to a loss of power after running fine for awhile.

Eddie

/ Lose of power after 30 min
Sounds like you may have some water in the fuel that is periodically getting sucked into the engine.

I am going to drain the system and put new fuel and filter in.

Thx. there is only 300 hours on the tractor. I will change out the filters and blow out the lines. I will check if there is a filter at the pump

Thx. there is only 300 hours on the tractor. I will change out the filters and blow out the lines. I will check if there is a filter at the pump

The main filter was plugged. so bad the paper element was being sucked in like a crushed pop can. Guess it did its job. I will have to drain tank to make sure its clean

/ Lose of power after 30 min #7  
Glad you found it. I was told by my dealer that all metal tanks rust because once the fuel level drops, condensation forms on the inside of the tank. He also said to blow out the lines frequently and flush the tank as often as possible. I've only flushed it twice in five years and probably will have to do it again this year or next. If you have a metal tank, then you probably have something else getting into there.

Eddie