Loosening hydraulic fitting

/ Loosening hydraulic fitting #11  
Definitely get wrenches that fit the hose and coupler and do not use adjustable wrench.

The way I have found that works real well is position the wrenches close together. Put one wrench on the hose end then position the other wrench on the coupler so that the end of the wrench is close but a little higher than the hose wrench. Now I just squeeze the two wrenches together with my hands.

It is amazing how much force you can put on a fitting like that. I have tightened some so tight using that method that the fitting snapped trying to stop a leak.
100% this is the way to loosen tight hose end fittings, also to tighten them. Lots of times just squeezing the two wrench ends together with one hand pops them loose. It consentrates all the force in the proper directions

/ Loosening hydraulic fitting #12  
At my last job I would routinely need to take off 1.25in JIC fittings, that's a 2in wrench. We would hit the flat with a hammer and they would come loose easily with a 15in adjustable wrench.

/ Loosening hydraulic fitting #13  
I worry about people who use an adjustable wrench (aka: West Virginia Socket set) to loosen or tighten fittings. Go buy the appropriate sized open end wrenches (which will also have a box wrench on the opposite end). All a crescent wrench is good for is rounding off the flats and not much else.

Not really a 'Crescent Wrench anyway. Crescent Tool was the original maker. It's an adjustable open end wrench. If you really want to bugger up the flats, use a Stillson style pipe wrench instead. That will assuredly bugger up the flats.

/ Loosening hydraulic fitting #14  
All a crescent wrench is good for is rounding off the flats and not much else
Unless you know how and where to use them.

Some times the proper wrench size just dosnt fit in the location and a adjustable is needed.

/ Loosening hydraulic fitting #15  
If you don't have the size you need, Higher quality hardened jaws and a slop free screw adjustable wrenches work pretty good, though I've rounded a few fittings and stubborn fasteners, that's when heat, a pipe wrench with a cheater, come in handy in my experience.

/ Loosening hydraulic fitting
Of course after replacing the coupler I now know the issue wasn't on the implement end, but apparently on the tractor side. So, more loosening/tightening (with crescent wrenches...Crescent brand adjustible wrenches!)

/ Loosening hydraulic fitting #17  
Here is another option. I know i have done this in the past. You have a large hex nut, fitting etc. and you don't have the correct size open end and or box wrench/ combination etc. And it is not coming apart. I would use one of my crescent wrenches and take a c-clamp and tighten it over the crescent wrench jaws. This would sometimes be just enough to allow me to break a fitting loose. As far as cheaters goes I have selection of them.

/ Loosening hydraulic fitting #18  
At my last job I would routinely need to take off 1.25in JIC fittings, that's a 2in wrench. We would hit the flat with a hammer and they would come loose easily with a 15in adjustable wrench.
Where can you buy a 2 inch open end wrench ? About 1.25 is the biggest I’ve ever seen in a store.

/ Loosening hydraulic fitting #19  
   / Loosening hydraulic fitting #20  
Where can you buy a 2 inch open end wrench ? About 1.25 is the biggest I’ve ever seen in a store.
Lol I have up to 1.5in in craftsman that I bought right in the store...and yes they make them alot bigger than 2in