Looking to buy

/ Looking to buy #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
What are good States to look for rust free stuff and what are the best classifieds to look up? I'm looking for an old Bronco II with the 2800 V6 or a 1995 to 2006 Ford Explorer Sport with the 4.0 V6. If there even is any left in mint shape??
Everything up here in Ontario is rotten.
Got friends going to Arizona in January so would be cool to find something there they can bring back for me.

Still have my 95 Explorer Sport and I loved that thing. 400,000 miles and nothing but a front wheel bearing, battery and wiper blades.
But it was involved in an accident and right after the dealer did the body and paint work, the body rotted right off it.

/ Looking to buy #2  
Probably Georgia, Arizona, Tenn. several western states I'm sure.

/ Looking to buy #3  

Living in Georgia, cars that have lived inland are generally pretty solid. Of course many cars have histories of problem areas. Some might need a new floor pan which could be easy or hard. I am not familiar with Bronco IIs to know what their historical rust issues are. Beware of course of cars that are in Georgia but lived in Miami or way north of Georgia.

Northern Alabama maybe another place to search. A solid vehicle is so much ahead of the game when doing a restoration, or functional refurb.

/ Looking to buy #4  
I'll sell you my 1997 Ford F350 XLT, 7.3 forged rod turbo diesel long bed 4 door 4wd pickup. Never seen snow, always garaged all winter here in Michigan (garaged right now actually). No rust anywhere, full Gale Banks kitted and E4OD custom built by Fords SVO. Class 5 rear receiver and GN hitch in the bed. Gets 21 mpg unladen, 99K miles and all service records too. Bought it new in 97, one owner, me. Camper is extra...

Attachments

• IMG_0924.JPG
    IMG_0924.JPG
    198.4 KB · Views: 54
   / Looking to buy #5  
I had an Arizona van that was absolutely mint on the underside. I have a California truck that’s the cleanest old vehicle I’ve ever had, I have a Florida dump truck that has zero rust. Coastal vehicles can be trashed though if they took them on the beach.

/ Looking to buy
I'll sell you my 1997 Ford F350 XLT, 7.3 forged rod turbo diesel long bed 4 door 4wd pickup. Never seen snow, always garaged all winter here in Michigan (garaged right now actually). No rust anywhere, full Gale Banks kitted and E4OD custom built by Fords SVO. Class 5 rear receiver and GN hitch in the bed. Gets 21 mpg unladen, 99K miles and all service records too. Bought it new in 97, one owner, me. Camper is extra...
I have a new truck. Just need a small SUV for wife so I can get rid of the VW nazi mobile.

Wife loved our Explorer as much as I did. And I had a Bronco II years ago and they are awesome off road. Have an almost perfect 50/50 weight bias.

/ Looking to buy #7  
South Carolina can be thrown into that mix as well.

/ Looking to buy #8  
New Mexico, Southern Cal, Arizona, Florida, southern TX

/ Looking to buy

Living in Georgia, cars that have lived inland are generally pretty solid. Of course many cars have histories of problem areas. Some might need a new floor pan which could be easy or hard. I am not familiar with Bronco IIs to know what their historical rust issues are. Beware of course of cars that are in Georgia but lived in Miami or way north of Georgia.

Northern Alabama maybe another place to search. A solid vehicle is so much ahead of the game when doing a restoration, or functional refurb.
Hoping to find something in way nicer condition than those. If there is still any in existence. Price not an issue.

/ Looking to buy #10  
What are good States to look for rust free stuff and what are the best classifieds to look up? I'm looking for an old Bronco II with the 2800 V6 or a 1995 to 2006 Ford Explorer Sport with the 4.0 V6. If there even is any left in mint shape??
Everything up here in Ontario is rotten.
Got friends going to Arizona in January so would be cool to find something there they can bring back for me.

Still have my 95 Explorer Sport and I loved that thing. 400,000 miles and nothing but a front wheel bearing, battery and wiper blades.
But it was involved in an accident and right after the dealer did the body and paint work, the body rotted right off it.
Stuff from Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta are good. Maybe not Oklahoma good, but they don't use a lot of salt, because it doesn't do any good at -40C. Especially for trucks, because if they were used on a farm, a lot of driving is on gravel, which doesn't get salted at all.

I am originally from SK, and couldn't believe the rust when I visited ON for the first time. I live in NS now, and it is even worse here. Vehicles don't mile out here, they rust out.