Looking for sickle bar mower recommendation for Kubota BX2670

/ Looking for sickle bar mower recommendation for Kubota BX2670 #1  

gbin

Tractor
Kubota BX2670
I'm seeking recommendations for a sickle bar mower I can use with my subcompact tractor. I'm involved in an ongoing - probably endless - battle against an invasive exotic weed (Phragmites) growing along the edges of ponds on my property, and after extensively looking and asking around for some mechanized way of cutting the stuff, I'm convinced a sickle bar mower is the way to go. The big question is, does any company make one in a size that my small tractor could make use of? Hopefully somebody here can show me that the answer to that question is "Yes!"

Here are the particulars for my tractor to help folks figure out whether a sickle bar mower they're aware of would be suitable to recommend:

tractor: Kubota BX2670
engine: 25.5 hp
PTO: 19.5 hp
rear PTO: 540 rpm
3-pt. hitch: Category 1
lift capacity at 24 behind pin: 680 lb

For the ecologically minded, don't worry, I know that the ponds need vegetated edges for stability. I'm doing my best to encourage the growth of cattails and other native plants at the same time I'm trying to beat back the problem plant.

Thanks in advance - and a lot! - for any thoughtful advice you can offer on this topic!

Gerry

/ Looking for sickle bar mower recommendation for Kubota BX2670 #2  
I believe the Carboni sickle bar mowers are small enough for your Kubota. I have seen them as small as 5ft bars, but they are rather proud of them price-wise. Hopefully they are smoother than my massy ferguson sickle was on the back of the Mahindra as it shook the crap of of that tractor.

/ Looking for sickle bar mower recommendation for Kubota BX2670
Thanks for the suggestion, Dave! Can you maybe aim me toward a Carboni website? I'm pretty ignorant of all this stuff at present (but trying to learn fast) and so never heard of them before, and I wasn't able to turn up anything relevant by doing a Google search.

Gerry

/ Looking for sickle bar mower recommendation for Kubota BX2670 #4  
Caroni?

/ Looking for sickle bar mower recommendation for Kubota BX2670 #5  
   / Looking for sickle bar mower recommendation for Kubota BX2670 #9  
I'm seeking recommendations for a sickle bar mower I can use with my subcompact tractor. I'm involved in an ongoing - probably endless - battle against an invasive exotic weed (Phragmites) growing along the edges of ponds on my property, and after extensively looking and asking around for some mechanized way of cutting the stuff, I'm convinced a sickle bar mower is the way to go. The big question is, does any company make one in a size that my small tractor could make use of? Hopefully somebody here can show me that the answer to that question is "Yes!"

Here are the particulars for my tractor to help folks figure out whether a sickle bar mower they're aware of would be suitable to recommend:

tractor: Kubota BX2670
engine: 25.5 hp
PTO: 19.5 hp
rear PTO: 540 rpm
3-pt. hitch: Category 1
lift capacity at 24 behind pin: 680 lb

For the ecologically minded, don't worry, I know that the ponds need vegetated edges for stability. I'm doing my best to encourage the growth of cattails and other native plants at the same time I'm trying to beat back the problem plant.

Thanks in advance - and a lot! - for any thoughtful advice you can offer on this topic!

Gerry

Many of our customers with smaller compact tractors are using a sickle mower such as the Massey Ferguson 6 ft in the link below. Ken Sweet
Used Massey 6 ft Sickle Mower 31 3 Point We SHIP Real Cheap and Real Fast | eBay

/ Looking for sickle bar mower recommendation for Kubota BX2670 #10  
My neighbor pulls a 456 new Holland behind his little JD and it's a pull type it doesn't require much HP